Otherside KODA - $APECOIN Airdrop

Otherside KODA - $APECOIN Airdrop

To ensure that all holders of these Otherside KODA NFTs have access to the resources they need to fully participate in the Otherside Metaverse, it is important to airdrop $APE coin tokens to them.

The Otherside Kodas NFTs represent a very unique and valuable asset within the Otherside Metaverse. These tokens can be used to purchase additional virtual land, as well as other items and services within the Otherside and Marketplace. By airdropping $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas, we are providing them with the necessary resources to fully engage with and contribute to the metaverse. This will ultimately lead to a more vibrant and active community, and will help to drive the growth and success of the platform. Perfect example of how BAYC community exploded and continues to thrive because of these massive incentives for holding their key assets. Kodas are the face and driving force on their biggest project to date, The Otherside! What better way to promote the brand by incentivizing the Koda Holders just like BAYC, MAYC and BAKC.

Additionally, the airdrop of $APE tokens will also help to increase the liquidity of the Otherside Koda NFTs, as holders will have a means to acquire new NFTs within the Yuga ecosystem with these tokens. This will also help to increase the overall value of these NFTs, making them even more desirable and valuable assets within the metaverse. In summary, the airdrop of $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas is an important step towards creating a thriving and inclusive metaverse community. It will provide holders with the resources they need to participate in the economy and community, and will ultimately lead to the growth and success of the platform.

There are several benefits to airdropping $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas. Some of these benefits include:

1. Increased participation and engagement within the metaverse: By providing holders with the resources they need to fully participate in the economy and community of the metaverse, the airdrop will lead to a more active and engaged community.
  2. Facilitation of trades and transactions within the metaverse: The $APE tokens can be used to purchase new virtual land, as well as other items and services within the metaverse. This will facilitate trades and transactions, which in turn will help to drive the growth and success of the platform.
  3. Increased value of Otherdeed NFTs: The airdrop of $APE tokens will also help to increase the liquidity of the Otherside Kodas, as holders will have a means to acquire new NFTs with these tokens. This will also help to increase the overall value of these NFTs, making them even more desirable and valuable assets within the metaverse.
  4. Attracting new users: Airdropping tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas will help to attract new users to the platform, as they will be able to see the value and potential of the metaverse.
  5. Building a Stronger community: The airdrop will also encourage holders to hold on to their NFTs for longer, which will strengthen the community and create a more stable ecosystem.
  6. Fostering a sense of ownership: The airdrop will help to foster a sense of ownership among holders of Otherside Kodas, as they will see the value and potential of the metaverse.

Cost of Airdrop: $APECOIN airdrop could consist of anywhere from 3500-4500 $APE. This can be determined at a later date as well!

Overall, the airdrop of $APE tokens to holders of Otherside Kodas is an important step towards creating a thriving and inclusive metaverse community. It will provide holders with the resources they need to participate in the economy and community, and will ultimately lead to the growth and success of the platform. I believe this will have the same outcome that BAYC experienced and helped NFTs soar to levels in Web3 that still no other company has even come close too!

YES - 100% would continue to ā€œDiamond Handā€ my Otherside Koda #5080 into the Metaverse and Beyond FOREVER!

ETH Address:
0x34aa6c9e5237494dF6F9102467f740376E19825F

Thank you all for all your continued hard work within the ApeCoin DAO and YUGA Labs. Also thank all of you that read my AIP Idea and hopefully it may be implemented into the ecosystem in the future!

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

Considering the ongoing discussion of how the ApeCoin DAO is to further distance itself from Yuga, this occurs as a step in the wrong direction. To be clear, while the Treasury does hold $APE, we are not legally affiliated with YugaLabs (akin to the proposal to ā€œpay Yuga Discord Moderatorsā€) and thus not responsible for their business decisions. If we airdropped $APE to Koda holders, why not World of Women holders? Or CryptoPunks?

150,000,000 of the 1 billion total $APE is allocated to YugaLabs. If theyā€™d like to drop some of that off with Koda holders, thatā€™s up to them. I say we stay out of their kitchen.

21 Likes

Agree w/ @CryptoLogically

3 Likes

Which discussions and why further distance from Yuga?

Yuga did what they needed to do to be able to create $APE already. Also I believe that Yuga and Otherside is best possible utility for $APE.

Which other utility for DAO or other NFT projects brings to the table? Really curious, whats cooking, cannot see anything better than Yuga did or working on rn.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see how this could help the $APE ecosystem. Iā€™m getting strong vibes of artificially pumping the Koda price.

1 Like

Thank you tmay for your proposal idea!

1 - What @CryptoLogically said. Weā€™re not Yuga Labs, and as apecoin.com website explains, Yuga is just one of participants in this DAO. Thereā€™s no other relationship:

2 - Why Kodas and not Otherdeeds or HV-MTL? Voters may see this as ā€œpump my bagsā€ initiative.
3 - Youā€™re asking for more $APE per Koda than mutants got, and mutants are a membership NFT. This is very likely to stir up controversy.
4 - ā€œIncreased participation and engagement within the metaverseā€ - thereā€™s no metaverse yet to participate in.
5 - ā€œFacilitation of trades and transactions within the metaverseā€ - there are transactions that can be done yet since thereā€™s no metaverse (yet).
6 - ā€œIncreased value of Otherdeed NFTsā€ - this DAO does not engage in floor price manipulation. Weā€™re only here to fund projects that build/do cool stuff. The DAO does not even concern itself with the price of the $ape token, much less a random asset like Otherdeeds.

Youā€™re more than welcome to of course continue with the proposal, but even if the Special Council allows it to proceed, Iā€™m guessing the DAO will vote it down for the reasons presented above.

That said, there IS a way for all Kodas to earn $APE and that is through our good friends at ThankApe! :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Agree with you Sasha, great answer

2 Likes

I appreciate everyoneā€™s input about the AIP proposal I submitted. After discussing with other members via Discord and Twitter Iā€™ve decided to implement another AIP proposal to allow for KODA staking. I hope this plan is better accepted with regards to the community than my first proposal made above. Iā€™m in the process of submitting it now so please feel free to check it out once its completed. Thanks

5 Likes

Itā€™s been a topic that emerges during various ApeComms Spaces (like the one on Friday, most recently), and surfaces occasionally in proposals like this:

and this:

In that same spaces, a new user stepped up to the mic and voiced that he had no idea that ApeCoin DAO was separate from Yuga as legal entities, and that by that revelation felt more ā€œincludedā€ as a non-Ape-holder to participate. When we put our ears to the community, this is far from a one-off occurrence and thereā€™s a seemingly widespread understanding that ā€œApeCoin DAOā€ is largely by and for Yuga holders, which of course isnā€™t true. Many of us are here, but we not only invite others to join, we absolutely need them to, in this guyā€™s opinion.

The concern is the air of exclusivity that a direct Yuga affiliation brings; our very logo is quite literally the BAYC skull on a blue background. On the one hand, that can be a great thing for brand partnerships, price appreciation and the like. On the other hand, as a grants DAO, we need as many great ideas from diverse backgrounds as possible brought to the table. Expanding our reach into communities who have zero exposure to Yuga assets will be critical to a more globalized DAO. Iā€™d like to see more ideas, funding more goods, doing real things, in communities far removed from our NFT predecessors. Thatā€™s the future Iā€™d like to see, anyway.

This isnā€™t to say Yuga shouldnā€™t implement $APE in more activations, or leverage $APE as a currency. Iā€™d like to see everyone doing that. What Iā€™m saying is that by creating a more unique identity, one more distinct from that of Yuga, we will invariably encourage others to join, contribute, and grow this DAO in a way that 30,000 Apes never could.

5 Likes

Hello @tmay314,

Am I correct in thinking your new post is meant to replace this one? If so, please let me know and I will go ahead and Withdraw this AIP Idea. :slight_smile:

In the future, you can merely edit your existing AIP Idea with the new content so you donā€™t have to make a new post on the forum. I hope this helps!

-Amplify

1 Like

Koda owners will have other ways to earn $APE with LoTM coming this summer, donā€™t think doing another airdrop is in the best interest of the DAO.

3 Likes

How do KODAS apply to EVO 1?

No I would like them both to remain active, please and thanks! They are two different AIPs for reward based strategies regarding the Otherside KODA NFTs. After discussing in discord with other Koda holders, they mentioned to write one for Staking Kodas, so thatā€™s what I did! Please do NOT withdraw my AIP from yesterday. Thanks

Thanks for the more information in the details.

I was pretty surprised when I heard it for the first time. Never come up to my mind that this is a problem. I see it as the biggest benefit of the $APE and Apecoin DAO personally. Plus, I believe that other holders of $APE feels the same.

And to be honest, one user in Apecomms Spaces is not a strong argument. After mentioned rebranding, you will have to spend much more time on marketing activities to let people understand the DAO and why people should care. In my eyes, it just creates much more problems than benefits (I donā€™t see any, tbh).

The actual position is much stronger from all possible perspectives. The DAO should build on the foundations, not starting from scratch. Yuga will bring much more interest in $APE than the whole Apecoin DAO could in every case.

2 Likes

Thank you for your contribution; I myself agree here.

I, a non Yuga asset Holder (but a holder of ApeCoin), do not see how I would want to onboard into the ecosystem if Koda holders were to receive an airdrop; it would just feel like "the rich getting richerā€™ā€¦

If onboarding is the case, then I think there needs to be an ā€˜evening of the playing fieldā€™.

Thank you for your time!

Couldnā€™t agree more, and Iā€™m certainly not proposing we tear anything down. Rather, Iā€™m proposing that we continue to build and create initiatives that the people are passionate about, which have proven to be many and with more coming in every day. All Iā€™m saying is Iā€™m not in favor of initiatives that narrow our brand affiliation, but rather those that allow ApeCoin to stand on its own merits and allow the members from all the various global communities we have represented here to reflect and give voice to those communities in their own unique way.

Again, I understand my opinion here is one in the minority. But at the end of the day, I would love for us to be able to stand for the world at large and foster a greater sense of inclusivity, and that goal need not come at the expense of Yuga. We will always have our roots in Yuga, and nothing will take that away.

1 Like

Totally agree with you

2 Likes

What about an airdrop of Kodas for $Ape holders, now that would be cool.

2 Likes

I canā€™t see myself supporting this proposal. Although I do have a Koda and would benefit from this passing, I feel like it only benefits a small pool of people versus the greater DAO.

7 Likes

imho, separation from Yuga occurs in the generation after this one. In this generation, Yuga asset holders must all be given tools to become builders for projects. Once this happens, individual apes can begin building stuff that is less associated with anthropormorphic apes and more accessible to the general public. This airdrop is a necessity, as Otherside holders are honestly getting rekt right now by the FP.

1 Like