RFC : Riding The Wings Of Change

lol! I know, right? It’s called a guilt trip, wrapped in an enigma :joy:

Yeah, I am aware. As I just said on Discord regarding AIP-251…

No, seriously though, why would anyone vote against or even abstain from voting for something like that? That’s not normal. How is this normal?”

It beggars belief. How is the DAO going to grow under these circumstances? Do these folks think that sitting on $700M until it hits 0 is a good plan?”

"I think the bigger issue that they know that $Ape grants are going to get converted to fiat; which they believe depresses the token even further. Pretty sure some of these same folks just gave $300K to make movies and comics; but $10K for a DAO doc!? OMG! We’re going to zero. :rofl::rofl::rofl:"

Good point. But they do in fact sit atop that hill, and thus have the authority to take steps that empower the DAO. I mean, when it all goes sideways, who is responsible? The leaders. Some like to call the DAO a democracy. It isn’t. Not by any stretch. Regardless, leaders are appointed to lead, not sit back in fear of a community lynching if they make unpopular decisions. That’s how leadership works. You own everything that comes with it. Including the $250K per year salary. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, it says so right there in AIP-1 and AIP-137, which, hilariously some people voted against. :joy::joy::joy:

Indeed; though that one is already off to a poor start. Baby steps, I guess. I am hopeful. But again, what’s the point if they’re just going to get knee-capped and mirred in bs and incessant voting? tbh, if the SC were effective and took a stance, there would be no need for an Ape Assembly. But hey, we have a slush fund to blow on needless things. :skull_and_crossbones:

No more than 7. It’s like the SCOTUS. Anything higher and we’re not getting anything done. I guarantee it.

Indeed. I actually do plan on sticking around because I love the folks that I have met thus far, and I believe that I can make a difference given my background and experience in many areas. I didn’t spend all this time on Web3 community research, picked this one, then pitched my tent outside of town just so I can get run out and thrown off a cliff. :eyes:

That said, my only concern is that my rather direct, no bs, way of thinking and doing things, may rub some people the wrong way. But, as with all communities, you just have to be polite, respectful, and know where the line is. Then don’t cross it.
:facepunch:

1 Like