Sadhana - Consistency is food for the soul

Proposal Name: Sadhana

Proposal Category: Web Application & Blockchain Protocol

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

Helping people train their consistency by gamifiying challenges in community.

Author Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of yourself

Industrial and mechanical engineer by profession, breathwork facilitator by vocation, and self-taught programmer because of my eternal willingness to build stuff. Three years ago I had an idea, and I had to code it into a reality. Now it is a radio that has been running for a long, long time, with the most amazing music that I have encountered: www.humanmusic.xyz.

I believe that consistency is the source of creativity and success, and thatā€™s why Iā€™m building this application. I believe that Apecoin will be the transfer of value of the metaverse, and everything that I do right now is with that in mind.

I have also seen myself saying 1000s of times: ā€œThis is the last time I eat sugarā€, ā€œThis is the last time I drink alcoholā€, etc. Having this gamified experience on the blockchain makes all those available for me to look back and actually know how many times I have said that (and if I was successful or not achiving the goals of that particular challenge!).

I also feel represented by this tweet of Naval:

Right now, Iā€™m figuring myself out. Twitter is the playground for that to happen, and Iā€™m @kithkui in there.

Team Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of your team involved, if any

Iā€™m building on my own right now, but it will be Open Source. Anyone can contribute. The source code will be here: https://github.com/jpfraneto/sadhana

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

There needs to be ways on which APE is used practically in the world, with people from outside the community, and this app (and the gamification process of it) will be a window for that to happen. I will help the implementation of APE as a transfer of value that is associated with fun and groundbreaking technology. This project brings a new use case for the coin. It could have been built with any other coin in the world, but using APE is my way of telling the world (and each person that encounters this app): This is the future on which I believe.

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Communityā€™s mission and guiding values.

The main motivation behind this project is the unleashing of the spirit in people that is hidden behind the incapacity for doing something consistently. People wonā€™t allow themselves to change. By participating in a Sadhana, people will open up that door. The idea is for creators from all places to be able to create their Sadhanas, and people participate in them.

This will open the door for people that havenā€™t heard about Apecoin to have it under their radar. I think the main part of society doesnā€™t understand how crypto can be valuable. This project is an exploration into that.

Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.

• This proposal is unique in its quest for merging web2, with its creators and web3, with its gamification and tokenization processes.
  • I am unique. My experience is unique. I have gone through many sadhanas myself, and because of that I have realized the transformative power in them. Basically, I will lead by example, because this is the way on which I experience the world.

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

• You can access a raw draft of the application here: www.sadhana.lat. This is a static site built with NextJS, but Iā€™m going to build the full web app with rails. This is just a mockup that allows me to define what I want out of it.
  • The rails app will be the first iteration of the app. What I envision happening in the future is that each instance of a sadhana will be saved into a particular blockchain (donā€™t know which yet), so that people have that added layer of accountability that will be an additional motivation for them to show up and do what they commited to do. I will create a smart contract on which people will ā€˜betā€™ on themselves, and everything will be automated. For example, you bet 21 $APE on the challenge that you are going to meditate for 30 minutes daily for 21 days. If you donā€™t log your progress for a particular day, 1 of those 21 $APE will be lost (ie: gone to the treasury of Sadhana). This will be the main revenue stream for this project: people being lazy.

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

1. Programming the web application - This will be my full time job for 3 months, and for living and sustaining my family I just need 2k usd per month. Iā€™m right now part of a program for accelerating startups, and Iā€™ve got support from people on the inside that are guiding me in the development of this app.
  2. Marketing - This phase will be made through the development of the project, inviting creators of all sorts to create their own sadhanas and invite their followers. For example, I could have Chris Heria (fitness influencer) to create a Sadhana for 21 days of 20 minutes of HIIT training every day, and have their followers join. Or a 3D artist crafting a digital asset for 50 days 1 hour like Beeple. You name it. It will be infinite.

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

• I will go on vacation through the south of Chile until the end of March, and on the 1st of April I will go full-on with the programming of this web application. I will give myself 3 months for developing the initial prototype. The project will be open source.

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.

• I just need to pay me a salary of 2k usd for the next 3 months, which at the moment of writing this is around 1300 $APE. I will build in public, sharing what I learn on Twitter and on my substack blog: ā€œPaving the roadā€

LAST COMMENTS: First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that I was able to convey through my words the value that I see in this project. Actually, no matter if the proposal goes through or not, I will build it anyway. There is a burning fire inside me that tells me that this needs to exist, and I will transform it into a reality as good as I can. The fact that I opened this ticket is because I want it to be under the umbrella of this DAO. I believe in this future, and I want to be part of it. I could perfectly build this thing using USD as the currency of exchange, but that would be boring. I want to be groundbreaking with what I do, and this is my way of doing it. Raising my hand in this community and saying: Iā€™m here to help spread the word. Iā€™m here to build the new world together.

So an app to help you build a habit using gamification using various tokens but starting off with $APE?

I guess it would be interesting for some, but the lack of details makes it a hard pass for me.

2 Likes

Hi @stance. Thank you for your feedback.

Actually, the only token that I plan to use is $APE. I will implement a way for people to be able to link their credit card to the system so that it can automatically buy $APE for them and have it in their account balance (if they are not familiar with crypto). Thatā€™s part of the mission of this project; to onboard those that are not familiar with crypto at all, but want to be part of the challenges with other people.

1 Like

My mistake on thinking there will be more than just $APE. The question I really have is, what are you actually wanting to do? Onboarding people in to holding $APE?

1 Like

What I will do is build a container for people to realize that self-transformation can be fun, and the currency that I want to use to play that game is $APE.

I believe that in the coming years (because of the Otherside) people that donā€™t have access to the world economy now will have a window for earning money in new ways (as I write, the image that comes to my mind is the one of a group of young boys and girls in india modelling 3D custom made assets for someone that owns an Otherdeed, and being paid with $APE).

I want to help the world associate creativity, fun and joy with $APE. Thatā€™s what this new world is bringing to me.

I donā€™t want to onboard people to hold $APE, I want to help the transition into people using it as a transfer of value. From my time to yours. From my capacity to commit to do something to the impact that that has in my world, and the world at large.

I want to place the first stone of something big.

I want to start something bigger than myself.

1 Like

Hi @jpfraneto,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Vulkan

Hey @Vulkan.Admin. Iā€™m definitely here, sharpening the idea to transform it into a reality. Based on what has happened with this thread, I think that the best thing to do right now is to go into the building process and come back with something more concrete, and in production, so that I can move from the ā€œThis is what I will buildā€ into the ā€œThis is what I built, and what I continue to build every dayā€. I believe that this is the future, my future, and Iā€™m all in on transforming it into a reality.

That being said, what are your recommendations related to this AIP process and my intentions with it? (Iā€™m new here, so this proposal was just a step into understanding more my role and how I can add value to the world using $APE and what the DAO is doing).

In a few days Iā€™m going to start staking some $APE, and with that I want to get deeper into the ecosystem, starting make myself more comfortable and familiar with this new coin.

Hi @jpfraneto,

You have the following options at this stage in the AIP Process:

1. Leave this topic open and in this AIP Idea phase for another 7 days to gather additional community feedback.
  2. Proceed to the next phase (AIP Draft) where the author fills out the official Draft template and the Moderator team creates their Analysis Report and ask a series of questions.
  3. Close/Withdraw your topic and open a new AIP Idea when you are ready.

Please let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

Vulkan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @jpfraneto for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @jpfraneto please see your messages for the next steps.

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Vulkan

1 Like