ThankApe x ApecoinDAO AIP Idea-a-thon: Innovate on DAO Governance

Thanks, @Feld .

I now better understand this initiative.

Tough to say. Best I / anyone could do in the spirit of what I suggested is to get funded to get RFP’s from credible auditors including examples of what those audits and commentary would look like.

Ultimately though, I don’t think this can be done given the current leadership and most voters seem disinterested in - or outright opposed to - proper oversight, since it prevents high-paying power grabs that seem to be all the rage here now. So would they facilitate getting cost estimates for proper oversight and disclosure?

If a whale or two step up to shoot down those proposals, that’ll be different. Bottom line though; people who don’t put oversight, true transparency, and fail-safes 1st and foremost are either unqualified or insincere. On the flip side, voters who don’t insist on oversight and true transparency can’t be helped.

Copying terrible IRL processes results in the same terrible results, and just like IRL by the time enough people decide to care it’s too late. With that in mind, I respectfully suggest nothing else matters in re: “DAO Governance”.

Examples of what I mean:

If scrolling back a few posts to 2nd comment in that 2nd link, I detail how it can, and arguably should, be easily, fairly and safely done.

Zero idea if there’s a way to do even a small part of any of that within parameters of this Idea-a-thon. If someone sees a way, let me know.

My thanks to you for this effort to inspire and fund ideas, whatever comes of it.

Cheers to you and all the dreamers. Remember to have fun! (And not get rugged).

2 Likes