AIP-137: The Special Council Nomination Process

Hi @adventurousape, thank you for your comments. Please find the answers below and happy to clarify or let me know if I’ve missed any.

• I’ve amended the wording on this AIP to say 3 or more hours per week. The purpose of “on an as-needed basis or as sufficient time as needed” is that while an average or typical amount of time can be estimated per week, there may be instances or time periods that additional commitment may be required. Those are hard to estimate before it happens.
  • Brand Decision & Informational were put together but do count as two separate AIP categories. I’ve amended the wording of this AIP.
  • While it may be unforeseen, the Lack of Nominees contingency is to take into account the potential scenario where the number of candidates is less than the seats up for election. If no candidates present themselves in one election, the other seat members would remain on the Council and therefore the Council would not be empty. I do not believe the DAO can function in its current drafted framework without a Council. For example, no AIPs tagged as Needs Administrative Review could be reviewed for vote.
  • The Council provides oversight of the administration of the foundation. The purpose of the Council is to administer DAO proposals and serve the vision of the community. Each AIP DAR Package is between 10 to 25 pages, depending on the length of the AIP Draft as well as the number of questions from the moderators. As the DAO is still in its early stages and learning and growing in real-time, all AIP DAR Packages have been tagged with Needs Administrative Review and been sent to the Special Council. Weekly meetings are held as well as constant email communications between them. New Council members would be immediately integrated into all these communications.
  • All AIPs returned can be seen in Withdrawn, and the reasons have been posted on the topic themselves.
  • I believe The Special Council Election Process proposes the framework being sought to turn over a seat on the Council.
  • The rationale behind this was so that at least some existing Special Council members would remain to have continuity on the Special Council and encourage a smooth transition process. Additional detail is provided on The Special Council Election Process comment.
6 Likes