The term is forum non conveniens

My use of “attachments” was specific; you brought up residency, which I already know is different from attachments. That’s why I didn’t use “residency.”

I can’t verify your interactions with Walker; I wasn’t privy to those discussions. (All those founding documents should be made public along with the NDA form that causes information glut and the reasons it exists as process in this DAO.) Because the Supervisor role will now be separated from the Director role, and this is something many others agree should happen, the need for a Cayman attachment might change. The Supervisor may not need attachments, but it may need a representative with attachments. I look forward to discussing that in WGv0 with you, Walker, and with at least one other third party legal entity with a disinterested opinion.

I also disagree that Supervisors from not-Cayman weakens the tax nexus. If this is what Walker told you, it’s possible they could have been referring specifically to the scenario in which Cartan served both the Director and Supervisor role and there was no alternative (because no one had thought of it yet). If the Supervisor are present specifically to ensure compliance to Cayman law, and they or their representatives DO have attachments to Cayman (whether or not it’s required), you get the best of both worlds — decentralization and a strong tax nexus.

much of the largest voting power wallets in the most recent election were individuals/groups who are well known to not be living in the United States.

You wouldn’t show Snapshot to a court, so I really can’t take it here — we’ll obviously need to discuss how you came to this conclusion with better evidence.

I get what you are trying to say on the “internationalizing operations”, but do you understand what I am getting at that you’re thinking of the 2nd level of ‘defense’?

This isn’t tough to understand. I get your point here. There are two issues, one of entity jurisdiction and then others of how that entity interacts with jurisdictions.

Again, I look forward to discussion.

#closethegap

1 Like