To create an ApeCoin NFT marketplace with 0% fee for trades in $APE

Just an idea. What if we will create our own NFT marketplace that will be governed via a separated from ApeCoin DAO with it’s own token?

The token will be airdropped to OpenSea and LooksRare traders, Snapshot voters, and BAYC/MAYC/Otherdeed holders. Thus we will acquire nice audience fast, and there will be not only NFT traders, but also experienced DAO enthusiasts. And of course holders of our core NFTs.

Killer feature: All trades done via $APE token will go with just 0% fee.

1 Like

Anyone need an ApeCoin NFT marketplace with 0% fee for trades in $APE? Or there is nothing special in the idea?

1 Like

A marketplace is a great idea and some others (ex. X marketplace) have proposed this in the past.

It didn’t make it to the voting stage previously and I forget the exact reason why but I believe it might have been due to concerns with brand affiliation. Maybe a different variation of a proposal would be welcomed.

1 Like

Hi @wAPEd,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

- river

1 Like

I love this idea, and would love to build this on behalf of Apecoin if you all are interested. I’m an ape, mutant, and $APE holder and just started Snag Solutions to build customized marketplaces for projects.

I’d be happy to do this pro-bono and we can offer <1% on ETH based listing and offer listings in $APE with no marketplace fee. We could have this implemented in ~a month and would just want the blessing of the community (via vote) before building. Team is fully Doxxed and smart-contracting will be audited.

We used the multiple BAYC-family collections to designs for multi-collection projects so sharing an image of what this could look like below:

2 Likes

Do you have a ready to use demo marketplace? I would be happy to test it.

Following OpenSea Twitter to find reasons for our own marketplace every day

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @wAPEd for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @wAPEd please see your messages for the next steps.

- river

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

- river