WG0: A Call for Contributors

Since it looks like we’re campaigning here, I wanted to make sure you all know why I’m running for Steward of WG0. If you’ve got any questions I’m happy to answer them publicly or privately here, in the WG0 Discord (REDACTED), or on Twitter: @badte_eth

Thank you!

I was the lead author of AIP-196: BORED AIP that established Working Group Zero and I’m running for WG0 Steward in order to see this work through.

My full nominee statement and information are below – but in a nutshell:

• I led the writing process for AIP-196 amongst a core group of 6 authors including our new Special Council members @BoredApeG and @Gerry, appointed Stewards @Amplify and @Waabam, and Steward nominee @Lost
  • I coordinated and publicly promoted an outreach strategy that socialized the AIP with key stakeholders and secured the support for an orderly transition away from Cartan’s admin services
  • With AIP-196, we’ve now established the WG0 Discord (REDACTED) that will give all $APE holders a chance to choose our own destiny and future of the DAO

If you haven’t decided yet on who you’ll vote for in the election – I’d really appreciate your support!

And if you have chosen another candidate, I appreciate your participation and support of ApeCoin DAO.

Thank you for your time!

Badteeth | Josh Friedberg

Twitter: @badte_eth

Co-Founder THE 288

Co-Founder Rara Avis

VOTE HERE :raised_hands:

NOMINEE STATEMENT

As lead author of AIP-196: BORED AIP and author of AIP-191: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement Workshop, I have an intimate understanding of the process and key stakeholders that got us to this critical point in the development of the DAO. Thanks to my professional background and my experience in Web3 I have the precise skill set necessary to help guide WG0 through the mandate we outlined in BORED AIP.

My full nominee statement is in the WG0 Discord (REDACTED) and below as well.

Nominee Statement

Motivation: please provide details on your motivation for being an ApeCoin DAO WG0 Steward

As I went through the Special Council nominee process and dug in deep on the DAO it became obvious that there was a significant disconnect between the people doing the work in the DAO on a daily basis and the large APE holders that wind up being deciders on many of the AIPs that have gone to vote.

This lack of alignment between key stakeholders became the catalyst for AIP-191 well before AIP-183 (Cartan extension) failed to pass. Once 183 failed, I realized much of the thinking I had done during the AIP Idea for 191 was applicable to the current situation and utilized it to move quickly on crafting the BORED AIP with a group of committed co-authors.

I dedicated myself non-stop over the holidays, along with many others, to put together an AIP that would help maintain continuity and compliance for ApeCoin DAO in the face of losing our Cayman administrator while at the same time figuring out how to add structure and internal capabilities while further decentralizing the DAO. Just as importantly, I worked behind the scenes to help align support for the AIP with key stakeholders including whales, ApeComms, and more.

With AIP-196 up for vote now and looking well positioned to pass – I’m excited to continue to play an integral role in solidifying the foundation of the DAO as a Steward in WG0.

Rationale: do you have any previous experience that is relevant to the role of a Steward of WG0? Please discuss any skills relevant to this position and how these will bring value to WG0

I was the lead author on AIP-196: BORED AIP: Bringing Order and Reliability via Ecosystem Decentralization: AIP-196: BORED AIP: Bringing Order and Reliability via Ecosystem Decentralization

BORED AIP will enable a smooth transition through the Cartan transition and create a solid foundation for the future of ApeCoin DAO by proposing the structure necessary to build internal capabilities while further decentralizing the DAO.

I authored AIP-191: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement Workshop: AIP-191: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement Workshop

When the BORED AIP passes, we’ll have a working group of key stakeholders that can propose the best possible structure for operationalizing the DAO moving forward – but without a clear mission, we’ll still lack the alignment we need to truly change the world.

Workshopping this mission statement with the input of all interested ApeCoin DAO members is the best way to create the Northstar we need to focus our structure, inspire participation, and build an amazing future for ApeCoin together.

I’m also an NFT degen – I’ve been engaged and learning everything I can about the space for nearly two years and have developed a broad understanding of the NFT space as a whole. I’m deeply immersed and invested in the Yuga ecosystem. I’ve launched multiple Web3 projects and I’ve developed relationships across the Web3 space that will help advance the cause of the ApeCoin DAO.

Specifications: crypto governance participation, governance experience, and previous experience (work or education)

I spent 7 years in the Olympic Movement dealing with the myriad governance challenges that come with introducing a culture-based sport to the Olympic Games at both a national and international level.

Professional Background:

A former professional skateboarder, co-founder of 411 Video Magazine, and co-creator of Innoskate in conjunction with the Smithsonian’s Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation.

Since 2015, Friedberg has served as Executive Director of the International Skateboarding Federation (ISF), Skateboarding Director at World Skate, and from 2019-2022, CEO of USA Skateboarding.

Josh has worked with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee (TOCOG), and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) to help bring an authentic representation of skateboarding as sport, art, and culture to the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.

In 2021, Josh co-founded Kai Roses, Inc. Focused on Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, and Web3 technologies, the company is structured to incubate startups and introduce springboard learning opportunities to young people so they can thrive during the 4th Industrial Revolution.

Concluding statement: summarize your statement as to why you are the best choice to be a WG0 Steward

I’ve spent my life at the intersection of art, sport, and technology and I’ve been fortunate to help pioneer some major cultural advances in my chosen world.

411VM connected skateboarders around the globe to what they loved before the internet. Innoskate has brought the Smithonian and skateboarding together in what the National Museum of American History has called their most successful partnership with an outside group, ever. And despite the challenges of the pandemic, skateboarding’s debut in the Tokyo Olympic Games was an incredibly successful watershed moment for culture-based sport.

Connecting people and passion in an authentic way has been my strength, and with my passion for Web3 and the ApeCoin ecosystem I look forward to doing the same for the ApeCoin DAO as we chart a course to the future built upon the strong foundation of Working Group Zero.

AIPS AUTHORED

Summary

Lead Author

AIP-196: BORED AIP: Bringing Order and Reliability via Ecosystem Decentralization

Author

AIP-191: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement Workshop

11 Likes