WG0: A Call for Contributors

Hi Badteeth,

I have submitted the application form earlier last week, and I have passed the KYC as SC candidate.

Do I have to do the KYC again?

I posted here so when you reply, then other previous qualified SC candidates can get the answer as well.

Thank you
Ken

7 Likes

Great question Ken, Iā€™ll find out!

3 Likes

Why do only TL3 have to upload a resume? Thatā€™s like you trust us the least.

2 Likes

@Mantis Resumes are only being used by Special Council for their review and selection of appointed Stewards. Resumes are not required for elected Stewards because there is no intention to post them publicly.

4 Likes

Update via @Waabam

Update from Cartan on this: if you already KYCā€™d for SC candidate elections, you DO need to submit the KYC form again for Steward candidate elections.

As long as the information is current from your KYC information provided in the SC candidates application, they wonā€™t send it off to their KYC processing company. Cartan says they still need you to fill out the form though to make sure that it is current.

6 Likes

Hey all,

As a member of the ApeCoin DAO community, I am always looking for ways to contribute and become more actively involved in the organizationā€™s decision-making processes. Thatā€™s why I am excited to announce that I have recently applied to become a WG0 Steward! (I wish I coouldā€™ve worked personally as many of you did on the AIP-196 but was quite sick during that period and had to take time off, nontheless I wanna thank everyone that stood up to work on the AIP and make it a step closer to being truly decentralized!)

I strongly believe in the principles of decentralization, and I am excited about the direction that the DAO is moving towards greater autonomy and self-governance (finally). I am confident that my skills and experiences will be an asset, and I am looking forward to working with the other Stewards to help shape the future of the ApeCoin DAO.

Regardless of the outcome I am thrilled about this opportunity and am committed to doing my best to continue contributing.

Thanks all,

Moonlyght

17 Likes

Hello!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the DAO and am super excited about all the positive energy I see here combined with the tangible building that is going on!

I decided I would throw my hat in the ring to become a Steward. I have utmost respect for what has been built so far and would be humbled to be able to contribute in a meaningful fashion going forward.

I believe there are many things we can do that will enable more effective use of the assets we already have as a community, be that apps, dapps, community members etc. These developments shouldnā€™t really cost much money at all and can be integrated into DAO workings quickly.

The impact of getting these foundations right will be felt both quickly and over the long term.

Either way, loving being here and a massive thank you to everyone I have had the chance to engage with!
Hangout

11 Likes
13 Likes

Gm,

I believe the election window for WG0 Stewards will be live on a TBA custom Snapshot Space January 7, 2023 until January 14, 2023. I am not aware of an update to this, have I missed something please?
Hangout

1 Like

Hello, the KYC process has slightly delayed the election timeline, will have an update asap. Thank you

4 Likes

So much time and effort has gone into setting up this structure. Thank you so much @badteeth for leading the way and thanks also to @Amplify @Vulkan and @ZastrowBradley for working on snapshot logistics and providing clarification on different aspects of it here. And everyone else working behind the scenes on communications and delivering on AIP-196 :saluting_face: :orange_heart:

Iā€™m also calling for duty and looking forward to being an active member of WG0. It would greatly help to have a dedicated token-gated discord for WG0. Thereā€™s so much going on that I keep forgetting if this was part of the plan! Can anyone give an update on the discord situation for WG0 and Stewards? Perhaps SC could also be in it if they agree?!

9 Likes

Agreed 100%! Super responsive! :grinning:

4 Likes

I was just thinking about making a post to enquire about WGs and I saw this. :slight_smile:

I am interested in being a WG contributor. I meet eligibility criteria 1 and 2. I guess itā€™s too late to apply for stewardship. Are there any steps to be taken for individual contributors?

5 Likes

Hey Novo! I believe all the WG0 participants got airdropped a token, not sure if thatā€™s gonna be used as a token-gated discord but it might.

9 Likes

The token gated Discord for WG0 will be ready very very soon and a link will be posted here for everyone to join. :slight_smile:

@Cardo There will be a lot of opportunities to get involved over the next few days as the Discord comes alive and we start focusing our efforts. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Really loving the art on this!

6 Likes

All credit goes to https://twitter.com/Pizza_Later :heart:

7 Likes

Markets are pumping and now I find I had a hidden gem in my hidden folder - can monday afternoons get any better :rofl:

Historical collectors piece too fr. LFG WG0

8 Likes

Haha :joy: yeah definitely worth removing it from hide

5 Likes

Congrats to @Waabam @adventurousape @Amplify on their appointments as the first three Stewards for WG0!

WG0 Discord access for all coming up soon!

19 Likes