AIP-239: Working Group Guidelines & The Governance Working Group Charter

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Amplify has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Vulkan

7 Likes

Hey @Amplify, thanks again for this, just popped back in for a re-read.

Request: is there any way to add ā€œGreater Metaverseā€ to the Key Terms section? I have been giving our Mission Statement a bit of thought lately and was thinking of writing a post on it. Defining ā€œGreater Metaverseā€ as opposed to the ā€œMetaverseā€ in the abstract might help provide a bit of clarity.

7 Likes

Excited a lot about all of this, i think forming these autonomous WG will provide workforce foundation to the ApeCoin DAO & will act as a catalyst for the future of the org.

10 Likes

Wildly supportive of this proposal as drafted, my core ask for ā€˜next stepsā€™ or ā€˜additional definitionā€™ would be on compensation guidelines or criteria.

How do we reward core contributors? Can we shift toward a model with variable compensation based on performance?

Iā€™m not sure we need to nail down specifics by role, but maybe relative ā€˜value / compā€™ vs. one another and some key principles of contributor compensation.

Iā€™d be happy to help here :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  • Working Group Leads: A Working Group Lead will be selected by the Stewards of each Working Group to serve as the primary point of contact for inter-DAO operations. Including, but not limited to meetings with the ApeCoin Special Council, the DAO Secretary, and other Working Groups.

Is the WGL the Foreman/ForeApe/program manager essentially? Perhaps the DAO secretary can be the WGL, lots of overlap.

5 Likes

Yes, Working Group Leads would essentially lead the working groups in terms of project management and keeping everyone on track. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love how this is progressing and provides a clear path to operationalization through focused workgroups. Looking forward to next steps and personally would love to help in the Metaverse Working Groupā€¦ can see lots of opportunities to expand Apecoin as a currency of culture to further both the Apecoin and BAYC brand but allowing all ships to rise with it as part of a broader connected ecosystem :fist:

7 Likes

Regarding role compensation, I liked both of Gerryā€™s ideas re establishing the basics:

1. Define several compensation bands by discussion and consensus ā€˜hereā€™, and then put them to a wider community vote via either apcoin twitter or WG0 discord initially.
  2. Divide compensation (50/50 perhaps?) between a fair base salary in USD and the other part in APE. For me this adds a performance related element, without adding this separately and over complicating initially.

Look forward to further discussion. Also I believe Term 1 requires higher compensation than Term 2 possibly (just a thought), as undoubtedly many many extra hours will be expected and needed while we still in early development stages, so should get paid better to cover this inevitability.

3 Likes

What is certain is that a long way will have been covered since the establishment of the WG0.

Thank you for this clear proposal, which will undoubtedly move the ApeCoin DAO forward faster, while maintaining full transparency and decentralization.

There is a point that deserves to be addressed, it is the notion of contributor, which should already have been clarified following the establishment of Working Group Zero.

Please confirm if Iā€™m not mistaken:
Each group will have 3 Stewards + contributors?

If yes, how many contributors?

If so, how will they be selected?

If so, will their work be compensated in the same way as the Stewards (not at the same level of course) ?

Waiting to read from you, please accept my most sincere congratulations for the work accomplished.

4 Likes

Thank you for your questions @dyorjdr,

Each group will have 3 stewards + contributors, yes. I cannot say how many contributors as Iā€™m not sure and it will definitely depend on the groupā€™s activities.

The Stewards can be thought of as executives responsible for hiring out for their own needs. So to answer how they will be selected, the Stewards will choose who specifically to ā€œhire.ā€

That said, there will always be semi-passive and active bounties put up by working group stewards and the Thank Ape initiative that anyone in the DAO can complete to earn $APE on an ad-hoc basis.

We want to avoid creating strict rules around contributors because we recognize Working Group needs will vary, and we have a ton of talent in the community. We want to create an environment where anyone can contribute meaningfully and be compensated and recognized for those contributions.

7 Likes

Thanks for these informations @Amplify, I thought it was important to raise this point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely! We are working now on some graphics and explainers in addition to an FAQ for this AIP so itā€™s a lot easier to understand how an idea can evolve into a Workstream with a team and a budget, and also how community members can still be involved without having to be a Steward. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Love the idea to include an FAQ with thisā€¦ An awesome concept that would benefit a lot of projects going through the AIP process.

I also really appreciate the efforts youā€™re all making to get this in front of people on multiple platforms with the ability to not only ask questions, but be part of the conversation on how to dial this in.

Pulling for the squad on this one! Got my votes!!

AC

5 Likes

This is what Iā€™m most excited about, the opportunity to start building.

6 Likes

Hi @Amplify,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Lost.Admin

Yes please, extend community discussion for a further 7 days. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Amplify has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

@Lost.Admin

5 Likes

Should be ā€œtenetsā€ here.

5 Likes

Speechless after reading this for the apecoin Community

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.