AIP-137: The Special Council Nomination Process

I’ve taken the time to thoroughly review these. Going so far as to print out the two proposals, highlighting concerns & questions, even asking opinions from others on certain topics.

I am happy with the proposed process because:

• It is clearly written & easily amendable in the future
  • Nomination profile & plan for forum use is agreeable
  • The timeline fits perfectly w/ AIP-113’s extension

I have a couple of items that I would like considered to be added. If not immediately, then perhaps through amendment or additional proposal.

• Nominees should have participation history in the governance of Apecoin
  • Removal of an elected member should be addressed now or in the near future

Through the use Discourse’s level system, nominees should be minimum level 2. That means they’ve read a few proposals, & they’ve commented on a few things. Additionally, I recommend accepting only comments from level 2 users on the threads.

The requirements for participation in this area of governance could be:

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts]

While I understand that these restrictions could cause uninformed potential nominees to be ineligible, I believe that this will encourage more members to join as general participants in our DAO, then they can earn eligibility on the next election cycle. I want leaders that are comfortable reading proposals & interacting with the community. That starts by participating here w/ everyone else!

Elections twice a year already could be disruptive to operations, but a member who has a spent at least the above on the forums will understand the community that they are nominating themselves to lead.

10 Likes