AIP-175: Establish ApeComms

I won’t speak for the entire ApeComms working group, and I’m sure Adventurous will respond to Furious, but I imagine that all the work and efforts spent on creating a well-functioning Discord would actually belong to the DAO from day 1.

Yes, we could always add a statement to a follow-up AIP (and yes, presented a month before actual deadline), but I see any assets created or managed by any Working Group for the ApeCoin DAO, belonging to the DAO - that’s my default.

Perhaps there might be some exceptions in the future, but I’m not so sure that a community Discord is one.

Look forward to any other viewpoints.

Cheers
SSP✌🏽

8 Likes

If this is the case, 100% makes me happy and that’s also another tick in the ‘pros’ column. ty

7 Likes

Hi furiousanger,
That’s a great question. Like @ssp1111 said, we want to create the Discord for the community and while ApeComms would be managing it, in my mind, it would truly belong to the DAO, not us.

If Apecomms is not extended, we would turn the Discord over to the appropriate working group. If the BORED AIP that is up for vote passes (which I hope it does), recommendations for the structure for working groups like communications will be laid out. Because of this, ApeComms might look different in 3 months, since we are planning on being flexible to best meet the needs of the community.

Hope that answers your question. If not, please lmk!

14 Likes

Perfectly, thank you.

4 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Lost has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

8 Likes

Hey everyone,

We added these two sentences to reflect that nobody on ApeComms now, or in the future, would be receiving any double pay through WG0, and we will continue to iterate in public to meet community concerns.

Thank you,
Lost
:gorilla::orange_heart:

13 Likes

This proposal will be live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot tonight. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-monnkt

7 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-Pearson

6 Likes

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Reject AIPs subcategory.

-Escape

1 Like