AIP-221: Resubmission: Request to make Bored.eth whole from Rari Hack and frozen collateral

@Feld

Most of the assumptions you’ve made are categorically wrong. Let me clarify for everyone else’s benefit since you’ve made up your mind based on false information.

1. I already attempted to propose an AIP that would reimburse ALL victims of the Rari hack who lost Apecoin. This was rejected by the SC because it would be too difficult to KYC all potential victims, a requirement for disbursing funds. They recommended resubmitting the proposal as a solo initiative, and that other victims could do the same should they choose.

2. My Apecoin deposit remains in Rari. I was unable to withdraw more than few thousand Ape, but the bulk of my deposit remains frozen just like yours (over 38,000 APE).

3. I spent months trying to work with other victims, and I was the only one who took the initiative to draft an AIP that attempted to get compensation for everyone. It went through the AIP “Ideas” and “Draft” stage so if you were an active member of this forum, you would have seen that. Again, because the AIP was not approved by the SC, I had to take another approach and do a solo submission, with the goal of setting an example for others to follow.

If you, or anyone else wants to talk about this in more depth. I’m happy to set up a call.

2 Likes

His first AIP was specifically to make all victims whole.

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

After review, this Topic submitted by @boredelon is ready for vote under AIP-221. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote here. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Reject AIPs subcategory.

@Lost.Admin