AIP-267: Add 'Treasury' tab to Apecoin.com

Hi @Waabam,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Waabam please see your messages for the next steps.

-Chris

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Waabam has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

Good idea. As a beginner, I am very interested in how much money is in the DAO account and where it goes

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Waabam’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

@Waabam has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

YES!

And shout out to @Frostyz for already implementing Treasury information on Otherside-Wiki.xyz

A great resource for the time being.

Thanks for drafting this up @Waabam

1 Like

@Waabam has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. You mentioned that “This page should also include a break-down of where DAO funds have been spent, including a visual representation of DAO treasury spend by category or AIP.” Can you clarify as to the format of the “visual representation” you’re referring to?

In my mind, the visualization could look something like how spending is often visualized in modern software.

For example:

Rather than be broken down into food, housing, transportation, etc, this could be broken down by AIP category (core, ecosystem, brand, etc), and by other type of Foundation expenses.

It could even be distilled further into specific AIP costs (which take the place of the representations on the far right side of the image, eg food at home, food away from home, etc).

That being said, it may not be practical to implement a visual representation of spending distilled to such a degree, particularly given there are always more AIPs being approved. This is why I attempted to keep the format of the visualization somewhat open ended in this AIP, because I am trying to avoid being overly prescriptive of how the DAO administrator should implement this.

This is why I described it as “visual representation of DAO treasury spend by category or AIP.”

1. Please elaborate, to the best of your ability, on your expectations for tracking “current monthly spend.”

I expect the DAO administrator to be able to track the outflows from the treasury over the last 16 months, to be able to represent those outflows in the format of a 30 day moving average, and to make a projection of when the DAO funds would run out based on the current 30 day moving average.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes, I do.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

We have no further questions for @Waabam. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

1 Like

Thanks very much, Chris!

3 Likes

Thanks for this very important discussions @Waabam. It’s great to see the community’s interest in transparency and tracking the DAO’s treasury. Transparency is key to forge an inclusive and engaged community around shared goals, where there is no sense of hidden hands and unaccountable payouts. Implementing a ‘Treasury’ tab on Apecoin.com, along with a visual representation of spending, would provide valuable insights for the community. Additionally, considering the timely integration suggested by the @CEOofWeb3.0, it’s crucial to ensure that the updated wallet list and accurate balance information are reflected to avoid discrepancies. Kudos to the members for engaging in this process, and I look forward to further updates on the progress of the AIP. As @Waabam rightly points out, the future responsibility for proposing updates to this page should fall to the Treasury Working Group, once it is created, so I am also looking forward to see AIP-242 moving along together with this initiative. :orangutan: :muscle:

2 Likes

Apes together stronk

1 Like

Yes, 100% needed. I also think in the future adding a “% of funds” field in AIP Proposals is important. Cost of projects are more useful when there’s context

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @Waabam has been “Returned for Clarification”. The ApeCoin Special Council waits for answers, and the community will be notified whenever the author responds.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

@Waabam has responded to the Clarification questions and they remain in Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,
-@Facilitators

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @Waabam is ready for vote under AIP-267. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

This proposal is live for vote on Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.