AIP-279 - Bored Apes Storm Hollywood (BASH-AIP) - RFC

I did address you directly by pinging you in the post. What else did you mean?

That is your right. And I am pretty sure that nobody here is passive-aggressively chastising you. I am unsure how you came to that conclusion.

In fact, I only created this thread when I saw bigbull post the Twitter link in Discord and asking for comments. I took one look and decided that it was something worth discussing in Discourse not only for your benefit, but also for the benefit of the DAO that awarded you the grant.

Those are valid concerns, however I don’t understand how Twitter - which wouldn’t have any insight into the AIP - is considered a better outlet than here where 1) you got the grant from 2) you have an issue with the contract sent to you by the Ape Foundation as per the grant.

Unless and until you actually agree to and sign the agreement, nothing in it can be considered as binding nor exploitative. And I mentioned above, the public can’t opine on the contract because none of us - besides you, the Ape Foundation and the legal team, have seen it.

So, taking it to the general public - that being Twitter - is making one-sided opinions and statements about a contract that the public hasn’t seen. So, how do you expect the public to give you an accurate assessment of something they haven’t seen? They can’t. Which is why the comments in the Twitter feed are based on your comments about the contract.

Further, by doing that, you put the Ape Foundation in an unfair position and cast it in a poor light, without them having the ability to defend nor explain the contract that you have issues with. Yes, it’s OK to have issues with a contract, but how do you expect to have unbiased and reasonable feedback from a public that hasn’t seen it?

Yes - that’s why people read contracts and not just sign them.

It reads perfectly fine to me - not aggressively at all. But I don’t see it as a gotcha clause. As someone who regularly issues and receives contracts, it’s attorneys who create these contracts. And most of the time the contracts are boilerplate templates which still need to be revised for a particular situation. And you just hit that limitation. So, don’t be upset about receiving a contract like that; just work through it with them. But only an attorney can assist you with that - not the public which hasn’t seen it nor aware of the scope.

The issue is that there’s no “one size fits all” approach to contracts. Especially for a DAO that gives grants to various types of AIPs.

Also, I don’t understand what you mean by “predatory”. The DAO isn’t profiting from the AIP. It’s basically free money that comes with some conditions.

In fact, I have an AIP related to this very same issue whereby we have no insight to these contracts and legal structures.

3 Likes