AIP-282: Information Request - Role of Special Council

Special Council geographic location? Has this ever come up?

If they are all or mostly located in the US could the DAO be deemed to be a US resident entity? Are there any concerns about Economic Substance requirements?

5 Likes

Agree on both points @bigbull. I’m sure they’ve considered location, but it’s important to understand all the requirements to serve as well. Thank you,

BT

1 Like

+1 on supporting this idea. In considering how to vote this year, I’ve had to check myself a few times on my expectations vs. the role. I think clarifying the role and our expectations of council is welcome.

5 Likes

Hi @badteeth,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

This is good start, it really should have been before the SC election process. I don’t agree to all the points mentioned but it starts the process and can be refined with feedback from the community and also with contributions from candidates who are running now for SC.

Misalignment of expectations can be a big drain of energy and not productive, this goes both ways btw (also expectations of the DAO community members).

2 Likes

Below is all the AIP is asking to do, is there something you’d do differently here?

Thanks,

BT

Ready, let’s go! Thanks,

BT

1 Like

timing is key point.

I suggest the remaining 5 candidates outline their view on this BEFORE we vote in round 2 of the voting.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!

BT

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @badteeth,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @badteeth please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Lost.Admin

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@badteeth has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

I fully support this proposal to establish a clear understanding of the current responsibilities of the special souncil. Transparency is one of our guiding values, and this proposal aligns with that principle.

1 Like

Not just responsibilities. Clarity on risks and who would bear the costs… SC has paid-for legal protection, and possibly insurance.

And transparency - at least an outline - on what is actually done day-to-day vs. responsibilities and expectations.

That should’ve been the minimum all along. We can start with this initiative, but it isn’t close to what’s required to alleviate the confusion and consternation over the role, or to gauge what it should be monetarily valued at.

3 Likes

Hi @br00no,

All important things to understand, but the goal of this AIP is just to get a baseline understanding of the role. This will help guide the next round of community discussion around the SC role and its place in the DAO’s governance process. Thank you,

BT

3 Likes

Thanks, BT. Understood & supported!

Just don’t want ppl to think this is close to satisfactory for transparency or valuing the role, same as posting a few wallet addresses or transactions isn’t even the start of fiscal transparency.

Without true transparency, the DAO will never gain public support of well-known, quality champions outside of Web3… and it may be telling that Yat & Alexis left.

That’s the feedback I get at every attempt, and I can’t disagree, assuage or disprove the litany of serious concerns, questions, disbelief and snark I get from such ppl.

3 Likes

Totally understood and very much appreciate your informed perspective here – enjoyed learning more about you during your SC run. Thank you!

BT

3 Likes

We have no further questions for @badteeth. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @badteeth is ready for vote under AIP-282. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

1 Like