AIP-350: Shaping Success: Building a Stronger Future with new Special Council Pay

Thank you always for your thoughtful contributions around here, Mr. Hype.

At this point it may not be appropriate for me to comment, however, I do believe these are good questions for the community to ponder as they make their decision.

Certainly we are open to feedback during this period. We are taking all discussions and DMs into consideration for the final draft.

4 Likes

appreciate those that are providing constructive feedback and support.

4 Likes

Hi @BoredApeG ,

Your topic would be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @BoredApeG ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesnā€™t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @BoredApeG please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@BoredApeG has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

Our team has reviewed and discussed @BoredApeG 's AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

Constructive criticism:

Change option 3 to $150K.

Reasoning:

Makes no sense to rehash what we are already voting on.

If we do or do not vote through AIP-337, why would you offer the exact same choice again?

Makes absolutely zero sense to me. To make it make sense you must either decrease or increase option 3 - $125K seemed a little aggressive (as Iā€™ve mentioned before), so imo we go up to $150K.

Tl;dr - Due to AIP-337, option 3 is N/A going forward now, so needs changing.

1 Like

Hi @BoredApeG, Happy Friday!

Thank you for submitting this AIP. As per our chat yesterday (which I enjoyed!) Iā€™ll also echo my thoughts here:

This should be the primary focus: Working towards a method of attracting top talent by means other than a popularity contest (and I say this with no intention to offend anybody who currently sits on the council), taking into consideration demonstrated experience, qualifications, and whoā€™s motivation comes from their desire to improve the DAO, over their salary.

If the salary dropped, and the demand to be an SC member also dropped, then it would be a clear indicator that their primary motive for getting involved was financial, and they shouldnā€™t be there initially.

I appreciate the opportunity but donā€™t think giving possible payment options is sufficient. I would prefer a discussion to a poll, and I donā€™t think any of those options work. To go by means of selecting out of pre-defined options, as a member of the community, Iā€™d feel isolated and limited in my input.

If weā€™re going down the payment options route, then Iā€™d suggest amending the AIP proposal to include Option 5: None of the above (re-think the whole thing)

I think it should all be done in $APE. Furthermore I donā€™t believe the amount of $APE given should vary depending on its value at the given time. If itā€™s about the money, do the whole thing in USDC and leave $APE out of it. If itā€™s $APE, then itā€™s $APE and whatever $APE is worth at the time.

Iā€™m conscious my notes here emphasised the suggestion that were it not for the generous salary, the desire to be on SC would drop, but I donā€™t think it should be overlooked because I donā€™t think thatā€™s the type of person we need in the SC. This is why I believe that as well as tackling this payment structure, we should focus (if not more) on attracting talent and scrutinising the application process.

I donā€™t have the solution, but respectfully, I also donā€™t believe itā€™s any of the options suggested in this AIP.

S

3 Likes

@BoredApeG has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. Your proposal outlines three compensation options including ā€œ125k USDā€. Would these payments be assessed in USD at the time of the transaction and disbursed in ApeCoin?

Correct

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

Itā€™s looking like AIP-337 is going to pass. What happens to this AIP in that circumstance?

1 Like

It will not be able to go up to vote for 3 months. The intention behind this AIP was to give the community more options than simply choosing a single arbitrary number.

1 Like

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the authorā€™s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

We have no further questions for @BoredApeG . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

I believe that the payment structure should be target/task/milestone-based.
If we all vote for a milestone that the council has to achieve, then it will be a fair game for all. The council will push the members, the members will actively participate. Win-win for all.

Seems like I got late. All the best, GC members. May the best decision for the community win. :rocket:

Let the games begin !!!

2 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

The voting period has closed for this proposal and ā€œOption 2: 125k USDā€ has been accepted with a 92.27% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-350: Shaping Success: Building a Stronger Future with new Special Council Pay, and further updates will be posted.

Thanks,

-@Facilitators