AIP-380: Swamp Gaming: Let’s pave the road to onboard millions of gamers

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@TFG has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

• Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

• This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 380.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @TFG’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Thank you - answers have been sent!

3 Likes

It looks like your AIP has changed significantly since you posted this. What’s the reasoning behind that?

Also since we’re now in 2024, can you compare your 2023 metrics to 2022?

2 Likes

I wonder if Mobile Legends bang bang will ever come to you

2 Likes

Hi Matt! Thank you for the questions.

1- Since the inception of this AIP idea, significant developments have occurred. In November and early December, I dedicated my time to running for the Metaverse WG position, engaging in daily conversations in various spaces and immersing myself in the community. This experience provided valuable insights into the needs and expectations of DAO members. While I narrowly missed securing the position, I received substantial support with 13 million $APE votes, forging valuable relationships, and gaining knowledge that proved highly advantageous.

From mid-December onward, I shifted my focus back to refining my AIP proposal, with the aim of aligning it more closely with what would be most advantageous for the ApeCoin DAO. We’ve proactively participated in all ApeCoin DAO spaces, engaged in discussions with delegates, and held numerous conversations with voters. The changes we’ve implemented reflect the feedback received and combine our expertise in web2 gaming, resulting in a proposal that we believe marks the beginning of an exciting partnership.

2- Regarding our 2023 metrics, we’ve provided a comprehensive spreadsheet within the AIP, highlighting our performance throughout the year. In just November 2023, we successfully reached an audience of 80 million gamers and amassed a total following exceeding 22 million. Notably, our Fortnite player “Mero” secured victory in the $4 million Fortnite World Championship in October. This info can be found under the Swamp Gaming Creators/Gamers section.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

3 Likes

MLBB primarily thrives in the Asian gaming landscape, which aligns with our expanding horizons. While our primary focus has been in Western regions, we’ve also ventured into China’s largest FPS, “Crossfire.” As recently as last December, we participated in the $1.4 million World Championship for Crossfire, indicating our openness to exploring opportunities in the Eastern gaming market. :pray:

3 Likes

Beautiful prizes in these game championship scenarios.

3 Likes

Very cool prizes!! :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

We have no further questions for @TFG. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

I do have to say that for the amount of money you’re seeking, it’s not great to see that your Youtube channel is effectively dead currently. Same for your Twitter.

It’s hard to regain viewership after many months of stopping content production. And even when you were producing content, the viewership numbers tell me that your audience wasn’t very engaged. I appreciate that you’ve at least built something, but the numbers just don’t add up for me here.

1 Like

Super excited to be involved with this project w/ apecoin and swamp gaming. Cant wait to show you guys what we have planed with our gaming events and apecoin. thanks to TFG for involving me in this

5 Likes

Hello Matt!

Thank you for your input. I’d like to share some insights regarding the esports and gaming entertainment industry and how Swamp Gaming can benefit the ApeCoin DAO.

While you’re correct that our social media pages have seen limited activity since Summer 2023, revitalizing an inactive audience is typically a challenge. However, in our case, it’s not as daunting. Allow me to elaborate on this and many other facets of the esports and gaming entertainment industry from our company’s perspective. We have a proven strategy for re-engaging audiences and a track record of restoring accounts to their peak performance. More importantly, the value that this AIP brings to the ApeCoin DAO extends FAR beyond our YouTube or Twitter views since June 2023.

Let’s address the issue of low engagement and viewership within the esports and gaming industry in comparison to our brand. I’ve included a graphic below that illustrates all-time YouTube views, total social media followers, and investment history.

This graphic demonstrates two key points. Firstly, Kungarna is on par with some of the most well-funded and influential esports and gaming companies in the industry. Secondly, esports organizations themselves generally do not produce substantial viewership on their own content. To further prove this point, let’s take a look at one of the world’s most successful esports and gaming companies of all time, TSM, and compare their performance on YouTube over the last 365 days to ours, to see how we measure up.

1. TSM: TSM boasts 2.25 million subscribers on its YouTube channel and published 53 videos in the last 12 months, accumulating around 865,000 views.
  2. Kungarna: Our YouTube channel has 231,000 subscribers and published 102 videos in the past year, amassing a total of 7,561,605 views.

In every aspect of YouTube viewership, we outperform one of the most well-funded and historically successful esports and gaming companies globally, despite their extensive roster of pro gamers, influencers, content creators, and lifestyle enthusiasts. Now, how did we achieve this? This leads us back to my main points. The primary value in an esports and gaming entertainment company doesn’t reside solely in the brand’s YouTube views or Social Media presence; rather, it’s within the talented roster. TSM’s roster is substantial, and that’s where they truly engage and expand their fan base.

With Kungarna, and eventually Swamp Gaming, we will boast an incredible roster of pro gamers, content creators, influencers, and lifestyle enthusiasts. Some of these individuals are exceptionally outstanding, like Mero, the reigning Fortnite World Champion, who competes in front of millions weekly and maintains a substantial Twitch audience of 2,000 live concurrent viewers and millions of yearly views on his YouTube channel.

Returning to your initial concern about views and recent channel inactivity, it is indeed a valid concern, and I appreciate you bringing it up. Although I’ve clarified that while our YouTube viewership is important, it’s not our primary value proposition for the DAO, but it still remains a significant benefit.

Our inactivity since last summer was deliberate, as that’s when I was introduced to the DAO and identified the potential to unite my passions for Web3 and gaming. During that time, many of our gamers’ contracts expired, and instead of renewing them, we chose to concentrate on an AIP that would merge these passions for an exciting 2024 relaunch.

While our viewership is currently low, in our industry it doesn’t hinge on last month’s or last year’s views. It hinges on our roster and the talent joining Swamp Gaming. When we announce our new roster, gaming events with FaZe Sway, and the house relaunch, our players will promote them, thrusting us into the spotlight and allowing us to capitalize on the hype. This isn’t the first time we’ve taken a multi-month break for a relaunch; we did so at the end of 2019 and experienced a similar comeback effect in Q1 2020.

If you’d like to schedule a call to further discuss our strategy for reengaging our audience and attracting new fans, I’d be more than happy to chat! :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome to the ApeCoin DAO, Sway! So stoked to have you here, first of many big on boards into our ecosystem! Let’s kill 2024 together :muscle:

1 Like

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes 13 days from now at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/@MattBorchert I see this in an area you are a Subject Matter Expert (SME).

What would be considered good subscriber to viewer ratios?

3 Likes