Backing Musicians that Actually Fit in Web3

Amplify:

Thanks for that! Good to see somebody’s on the same page in terms of building infrastructure. (This post will be all over the place, but screw it, this ain’t an AIP :joy:) Question:

One thing to keep in mind is the health of these lending protocols. Silo looks great because everything is isolated by nature, but we ran into problems with the lending protocol Babylon was using, Rari Capital. Long story short, they forked the Compound code which wasn’t designed for isolated lending and they were exploited for $80M . Tribe DAO voted to reimburse everyone (eventually) so everyone was made whole, but it’s still a major consideration for lending assets with low liquidity or easily manipulatable oracle prices.

Rari was a reentrancy hack, if I’m not mistaken, one that we now have a template to guard against. I’m assuming in siloed pools, the liquidity issue would still be important, but the oracle manipulation wouldn’t be as big of a deal with $APE. So yes, important issues, but we can play past them with fairly boilerplate solutions, right?

The risk analysis was a great move. What kept $APE from hitting top marks?

Some of the ideas in your proposal were very close to what I was thinking. On the platform I was beginning to envision, each artist would basically have its own Garden. I think AIP 31 might fare well now because we are much nearer the bottom than we were in April. Even with that lame SEC probe news, downside volatility isn’t so bad that it could wreck a strategy like this now as long as leverage was kept in check.

Another idea I was tossing around is that the collateral each artist has access to is based on an interpolation of Gitcoin’s quadratic funding mechanism, but the artist has to hold staked $APE to access it at all. That way they’ve got skin in the game. However, engagement, not dollars, is what triggers the quadratic funding formula to increase the artist’s $APE collateral.

I’m definitely interested in the initiative to put $APE in big money markets. Last question: What manpower are you missing to make that a reality?

2 Likes