@BRYTE - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @BRYTE

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRYTE_APE

Name: Bryce Arvin

DOB: 4/9/1999

Country of Residence: United States of America

Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University

Professional Background: Customer-facing work as a Field Engineer the last year and a half. Responsible for 80 accounts ensuring safety and quality of products and processes.

Nomination Statement

I am running for Special Council because I want to be more than just a Yuga holder; I want to be involved in the Special Council to help increase community engagement and transparency, be innovative in what the Special Council can accomplish, and help facilitate the DAO & community where I can.

Motivation

My motivation for being an ApeCoin Dao Special Council member stems from my passion for this extremely talented and diverse community. Many are involved in different projects and have a lot on their plate. I am running for this position for them. I want to help facilitate transparency between the DAO/council and general public. I want the community to feel informed and psyched about what the DAO/council is working on. I want to work with a team that’s innovative in how the special council can operate and help drive the adoption of ApeCoin.

Rationale

In my professional career, I am working as a field engineer and am responsible for 80 accounts. This has consisted of learning and obtaining industry certifications, conducting inspections at facilities to ensure safety and and compliance of products, and lastly keeping consistent contact with clients. This job has taught me how to work effectively with a remote team and interact with a diverse group of clients, both of which would be beneficial in my role as a Special Council member. Additionally, I have held numerous leadership positions. These positions include Project Lead in two work projects, Public Relations officer and Secretary for an engineering organization in college, and student council President in high school. All positions I was nominated and voted for by my peers/boss. These positions have taught me the importance of listening to my peers and providing transparency on what is going on behind the scenes. This will bring value to the ApeCoin community because I will be open ears and communicate effectively with the community.

Specifications

My first introduction to crypto governance has been through the ApeCoin DAO. I’ve worked with a team to write an AIP idea, however, we did not formally submit the idea since our research found a similar idea had recently been put up for a vote and passed. Although we didn’t go through with the idea, it was a great learning experience on how the proposal process works. I think this will benefit me in assisting the community to turn their ideas into proposals. I want to be a fresh set of eyes and ears for the community not influenced by past positions or participation. In regards to ideas for DAO improvement, I think it would be really neat to explore the idea of a reward program for idea creation. Many community members have great ideas they want to see implemented but don’t have the time to create a proposal and execute it themselves. The reward program would incentivize members to express their ideas and match them with people in the community that can execute them. If the original idea turned into a passed proposal, the person that created the idea would be compensated and would see their idea come to life. I believe this will benefit the community by increasing involvement in idea generation and the execution of proposals.

Concluding Statement

I think I am the best choice for Special Council because I’m young (23), motivated, and forward thinking. I have the time available to dedicate to this role and I want to take advantage of this opportunity to help benefit this busy community and ensure everyone stays informed and has their voices heard.

6 Likes

Hi @BRYTE, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.