@MemeBrains - Special Council Nomination 01/2024

GM @foxSlightly!

Thank you for the questions :pray: :heart: summarized replies here;

In addition to the prime, critical duties which come with the honor of the Special Council role, I would love to see more cross-DAO collaborations, fostering stronger ecosystem growth.

I believe this will attract more top talent to the ApeCoin community and prime us for a powerful lineup of new AIPs in 2024 focused on token utility and increased value to the ApeCoin ecosystem.

I wrote of this topic in the post above here, and would make it a mission to see manifest, for the benefit of us all

As a former CEO and bootstrapped Founder, I built a team of 60 people where we directly managed thousands of high-impact projects among hundreds of Multi-Family residential complex’s which operate almost identically to DAOs. It turns out I’ve been in training for the Special Council role throughout the majority of my professional career.

Each Multi-Family complex comprises of dozens of condo unit owners, which is a very emotional and high-worth asset for them. Each owner also contributes monthly fees into a shared treasury for the community and elects a board of directors to manage that treasury. The board of directors then hires a property management company, which then hires legal, accounting, consultants, and other teams as needed to limit liability and carry out day-to-day operations. It’s at this point where the arguing starts. Unit owners battle it out back and forth, criticizing their board of directors, and the board of directors inevitably end up in challenging situations from numerous fronts. I ask you @foxSlightly, does this sound like a DAO to you?

My role as CEO was to navigate these complex operationional environments with all stakeholders in order to find mutually beneficial solutions and them implement them. As noted above, I did this with my direct team of 60 for a decade.

No.

I am currently the CEO and Co-Founder of Nodeblocks, the service provider which built the Treasury Analytics and Transparency tooling with @Waabam and current Special Council within AIP-267.

As noted here in part 2 of my reply to @bigbull, I would be reducing my participation at NodeBlocks to that of casual part-time, and should an irresolvable conflict arise, I would relinquish my position there entirely.

Low participation.

Our overall DAO participation is too low, and too many of our AIPs are failing, both for numerous reasons. We currently have less than 1% participation from among our overall 141,600 wallet holders, and 58% of all Ape AIPs have failed. This is a big problem.

Double participation in the DAO.

By doubling the participation here at ApeCoin DAO, we dilute the impact of any one single large wallet, while fostering a more authentic decentralized community voice. The problem is not that certain large wallets have too much power, the problem is that not enough people in our community are participating.

We should be redirecting the energy from grumblings against any large Delegate into increasing the participation in the DAO overall. Let’s focus on solutions my friends, and give all our energy into their manifestation.

Yes 100%.

Among many other forms of contribution, I am currently one of the most active voters in the DAO, having voted on the most recent 84 AIPs consecutively, without missing a single one. I intend to continue this stye of contribution, in addition to the numerous other areas I contribute towards as well.

Thank you again for your questions, I truly appreciate your curiosity and intention to bring transparency and discussion to the topic :pray: :heart: :gorilla:

1 Like