@Pacey_eth - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @Pacey_eth

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pacey_eth

Country of Residence: United States

Educational Background: Masters in Supply Chain Management - Ross School of Business, University of Michigan

Professional Background: Meta inc., (current) Tesla inc., Google Inc., Apple Inc., Salesforce.com

Nomination Statement

I want to help people and do good things. I have spent my career working at some of the largest firms in the world. I spent 4.5 years launching and building EVs at Tesla from the ground up. I sourced everything from cardboard boxes to rolls of aluminum and helped build 3 factories across the world. I am not here for an ego boost or clout, I firmly believe in the power of blockchain and the utility of NFTs and I want to take my business acumen and personable nature and bring people together to change the digital world for the better.

Motivation

My motivation for being an ApeCoin DAO Special Council members stems from the community. I love the people who I have met along my BAYC journey and I want to see this continue to be successful. I fully believe in “the team” mindset and only together can we make this dream reality. Current shortcomings with the DAO have been caused by communications and this is a personal area that I think I can bring great value to. I view this opportunity humbly as a chance to bridge Crytpo and continue our quest for adoption and success.

Rationale

I have spent 5 years working in operations and supply chain at Tesla and 8 years prior working in sales and business development. I graduated with a Masters from one of the most accomplished universities in the world. During my time at Tesla, I helped source various scopes, services, and products which exposed me to different facets of global supply chains. I negotiated and implemented over 200 contracts and service agreements while saving Tesla millions in opex spend. I firmly believe the skills and network I developed during my time can help the ApeCoin DAO continue to grow and succeed.

Specifications

Global Supply Manager - Tesla Inc. Staff Global Supply Manager for Tesla’s indirect corporate procurement team. Commodities have included: industrial tooling and services, packaging, marketing, environmental health and safety, transportation, and material handling equipment. Manage vendor relationships and execute strategic sourcing practices resulting in $20M in annual savings Work cross-functionally with finance, engineering, and manufacturing on process improvements to reduce Tesla’s operational expenses and strategically manage Telsa’s working capital. Manage projects from idea to implementation. Analyze make vs. buy, strategically source creative solutions, and engage necessary teams at Tesla to implement data supported initiatives. Regularly lead discussions with, constructively challenge, and gain consensus with executives and manufacturing leaders to advance programs and develop compelling business cases continuously pushing Tesla forward. Product Cost Engineer - Meta Inc. Product cost engineer supporting an augmented reality headset. Work cross-functionally with product management, sourcing, hardware engineering, and operations to manage a bill of materials and total landed costs for AR glasses through the early stages of the product development process.

Concluding Statement

I bring a breadth of experience, a strong network, and a humble persona. I truly want the ApeCoin DAO to succeed. I want this to be the benchmark and north star for DAOs in this space. I can lead by example, learn from my peers, collaborate with others in this space, and execute on tasks and responsibilities. I look forward to representing this space for the next term!

8 Likes

additional comments from me!

5 Likes

Hi @pacey_eth, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

Hi FoxSlightly

I love these questions

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

In order for $ape to be successful, it needs a DAO and leadership organization behind it to drive initiatives that will provide utility and value to the token. Currently, $ape’s only intrinsic market value is generated by Yuga and BAYC/MAYC merchandise, Gucci, and Google Cloud Services payments. This has to grow. I believe that if mass adoption of a cryptocurrency is to happen, it will be part meme and part serious. Sounds like $ape to me. In order to drive utility and adoption, I want to dedicate time and resources to onboarding retailers and ecommerce vendors to accept $ape as a payment method. Enabling $ape so that it can purchase items on Etsy or eBay and even transact at grocery stores will differentiate $ape from other tokens and drive utility for the DAO. This can be done through education on $ape and security practices, demonstrating the value in transacting in $ape (new customers, inflation-resistance tokens, breakaway from traditional credit card processing companies), and onboarding payment systems like coinbase wallet or crypto via shopify.

This is a topic I am passionate about as it builds the foundation for mass adoption and drives value to $ape. I believe my network and work experience coupled with our DAO leadership can facilitate this important next step for $ape and our DAO

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

At this time, no. I am willing and prepared to leave web2 role to dedicate the appropriate amount of time and energy to making my position in this council valuable to $ape holders and our community.

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

There is a lack of leadership. There is a lack of communication. We have some brilliant members on our leadership council but we have been ineffective in rallying holders to understand the importance of AIP’s and to take an active part in the community.

4. What is a Koda?

HA! Kool Oval-shaped, Does, Acrobats - K-O-D-A. In all seriousness, I believe they are the inhabitants of the Otherside that have cultivated or destroyed the lands to their own uniqueness. I am excited to adventure with them in the future!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.