@Pizza-HorseRace - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @Pizza-HorseRace

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pizza_horserace

Educational Background: University of Missouri School of Law

Professional Background: In-house counsel at Fortune 300 company

Nomination Statement

I’m running to increase efficiencies in the DAO. My primary goal is to use my analytical skills to decrease the amount of time between council’s review of the AIP and a community vote.

Motivation

Since MAYC mint day, I’ve been a member of the club. My goal is to use the skills I’ve gained through lawyering (i.e. efficiently analyzing high volumes of information) to decrease the amount of time between council’s review of the AIP and a community vote. This is turn will allow more AIPs to be processed and voted on. I also intend to increase transparency and advocate for positions that favor members of the community that aren’t whales.

Rationale

I am in-house counsel for a fortune 300 company. My experiences as a lawyer for a major corporation will help me effectively analyze the AIPs to allow a quick turnaround for a community vote. My legal skills and familiarity with complex laws and regulations in turn provide me with the experience to implement the DAO’s procedures and guidelines. As a lawyer and passionate community member, I have the relevant and necessary experiences to administer DAO proposals and serve the vision of the community.

Specifications

With respect to governance, I worked on several successful political campaigns and have ties to a few politicians with seats in Congress. I’ve participated in a number of DAOs since joining the NFT community in May 2020 and held several governmental-esque positions throughout my undergraduate and legal schooling. With respect to DAO improvement, the time between when a community members submits their AIP and the time the at-large community is able to vote on that proposal is far too long. I want draft a refined framework that provides rules and regulations that will more effectively establish how the DAO operates. I have worked with several regulatory bodies throughout my time in law school and as a lawyer. I also want to contribute to the council by taking on most of the heavy analyzing and reading that is required for getting an AIP to community vote.

Concluding Statement

My passion for the BAYC Community is strong. My skills as a lawyer makes me highly qualified to make the DAO more efficient and reduce the time in takes for the community to vote on an approved AIP. Lastly, it is important to note that I’m not a whale and I intend to use this position to advocate those in our community who are sometimes overlooked.

7 Likes

GM! Please let me know if you have any questions. DM me on Twitter or leave a comment here!

The last thing we need is an Ape Councilor that is an influencer or one that is already employed by Yuga/Horizon in some capacity. In my opinion, we need new blood. We need OGs and Mutants that are not influencers or whales. My skills I’ve acquired as a lawyer make me well-qualified to be on the Council. My top priority is to increase efficiencies in the DAO. I will convey the DAO’s legal position on topics to members. In light of regulatory uncertainty, I will also advocate for more aggressive legal positions taken by the DAO.

2 Likes

Hi @Pizza-HorseRace, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

1. Regardless of how a community member turns on any given AIP, we deserve Council members that are dedicated to processing THREE (3) times the amount of AIPs. My skill set as a lawyer allows me to greatly contribute to the DAOs workflow with respect to processing AIPs. I will work with y’all each step of the way when you submit an AIP to ensure a streamlined process all while operating within both the DAOs framework and the current regulatory landscape.

2. No.

3. Why don’t we as everyday community members know what is going on with respect to AIP initiative proposal, current AIPs, and general DAO processes?

4. Something I need to buy soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.