Removing/Impeaching Elected Candidates

The issue with transparency is that it goes hand in hand with accountability. Without the ability to hold leadership accountable, there is no impetus for anyone to be transparent about anything because the question becomes "Yeah, I did this wrong thing. So, what are you going to do about it?

The other issue with transparency & accountability is that in the DAO, we have no idea who is doing what, when, how. We apparently have Webslingers + Special Council as the Ape Foundation, yet if there’s something dodgy we don’t know who to hold accountable. It’s why whenever I am wailing against our cabal, I use collective attribution because it’s unfair to single out any one person. The downside of that is we end up blaming people for something they probably didn’t even have a hand in. e.g. I like all our GwG guys. They’ve always been good to me, and I see the work the put in. But if GwG takes action about something, I can’t go blame Lost or AllCity because that’s unfair. Even Gerry, we communicated almost every day, even as I was being rebellious against the SC. And to this day, we still have a cordial relationship, we chat from time to time etc. All that even after I stood up and rallied against what I thought was wrong with the 0xPolygon AIP and funding. Look at BoredApeG, CaptainTrippy, we use to argue all the time on Spaces - mostly during the 0xPolygon fiasco (which people hold me responsible for its failure; but I have no regrets), but still, that doesn’t prevent me from being overly supportive of ThankApe and such.

Often times, we all tend to let our emotions get the better of us; but at 61, even with my acute anxiety issues which tends to get in the way, taking the emotion out of decisions and actions always leads to beneficial outcomes. To that end, as a community, we must be able to communicate displeasure and angst without being vilified (quietly or otherwise) for it. If we can’t do that either because we fear reprisals or because we know that there may be ramifications, then this community will continue to decline. For my part, I will always strive to speak up because being bullied at a young age taught me to stand up even if there is still the possibility that I would just get struck down again.

We have an Ape Foundation that we can’t hold accountable and which consistently flaunts things like transparency because they know that we can’t do anything about it. I mean, seriously, why on Earth are we unable to fire (via votes) people we - the DAO - voted for? Why can’t we - the DAO - request documents related to our DAO, from the people we voted/hired to run our DAO? It’s just absolutely crazy to me. Take for example the F1 fiasco. In RL, that sort of thing gets people fired. No question. And yet we have no idea how that deal even came together. $5.5M. Gone. And we can’t even get money to make a game or fund things that benefit the community.

Since I have been back, all the 9 proposals that I put up, are geared to address some pressing issues. And there are more coming. I have little hope that they will even go to vote in a timely fashion - if at all; but at least I get to say that I tried. It’s going to be interesting to see who votes down clean proposals which are designed to improve the DAO ops, bring transparency and accountability etc.

We MUST try to fix our DAO - somehow.

3 Likes