Removing/Impeaching Elected Candidates

My Proposal To Close Non-Essential Working Groups isn’t about impeaching anyone. It’s about closing working groups which have proven to be ineffective and inefficient while costing the DAO money. It’s why the AIP isn’t specifically about “removing” people because it offers suggestions on how we can do things better and more efficiently using experienced and qualified third-parties.

My AIP-359 Special Council Vote of No Confidence was specifically about trimming the Special Council by two members, while making accountability and transparency related requests.

In Feb 2024, though I had the opportunity to resubmit it with revisions, I didn’t go through with it because, aside from timing, following my temp-ban (10/12/2023 - 01/12/2024) over the 0xPolygon AIP fiasco, I had imposed a boycott of any/all DAO related social activities (Discourse, ApeComms etc) and simply couldn’t be bothered. Plus, as they were working on the AIP with me over email, I felt that it was inefficient and I didn’t find it fair to burden the GwG with having to deal with the back and forth associated with that expansive AIP. And so, I just dropped it and moved on.

It’s not private (because all of this could have been conducted on Discourse if I had chosen to do so), below is the disposition of that AIP.

I do not intend to revisit that particular AIP nor its original intent because I believe that it would just be a waste of my time. Let someone else deal with it. Regardless, in the last 24 hrs I have authored 8 AIPs, one of them is for the Ape Foundation to clarify its ability to terminate contracts.

3 Likes