Welcome to the ApeCoin DAO Discourse

Great to be here, curious about how this community is developing in web3! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Happy to be part of this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My thoughts on $APE staking and how we can better the current proposal of AIP 4 & 5.

9 Likes

Hi @speedracer

We appreciate your engagement in the community. We are currently not approving proposals submitted to the General category. The categories where proposal ideas can be posted will be open on March 30, 2022 at 9:01pm ET. Please refer to ApeCoin’s Twitter post here.

6 Likes

Sounds great thanks! I was a bit confused about this. Will resubmit on March 30’th.

5 Likes

cheers apes - let’s build the future!

9 Likes

Hi Apes,

I actually joined the channel because of a transaction error. I sent my APE coins back to the APE contract address instead of my other wallet. I’m hoping to connect with you all, even though a dumb error on my part brought me here.

7 Likes

Who let Tropo in? Did the guard leave to go fish again? Can’t rely on these retired, rich apes to work even an hour a day…

9 Likes

Welcome everyone! Excited to be here and looking forward to discussing, collaborating, and buidling the future with the ApeCoin DAO!

12 Likes

Thank you for your participation in the Discourse conversations. Unfortunately there is no way to recover tokens that are sent back to the ERC-20 smart contract. You can find more here: https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404062349979-Accidentally-sending-funds-to-the-wrong-address.

8 Likes

Much love to everyone taking the time to make this something great. Apes together.

11 Likes

Hi everyone glad to be apart of the community, thanks for all you’ve done
Will you guys be unlocking the discord doors soon?? I have questions about how to stuffff… if not is their somewhere I can get help? Please let me know thank you

6 Likes

Hey @BBQtball - Not sure what Discord you are referring to. I noticed a few community members discussing one on Twitter but there has been no official one made for the DAO at this time.

What type of questions or help are you looking for? Would be happy to help the best I can.

11 Likes

Hi CSW thank you, I am trying to figure out how to claim, I see the “ verified smart contract address“ takes you to another page what then?
I do understand that I have to copy my address from my NFT and put it somewhere to prove it’s genuine. Just don’t know where that somewhere is or if I have the right procedure?!

6 Likes

Are you having this issue on the claim page?

12 Likes

Hahaha I haven’t seen that page in a few day’s (since I signed up here)

8 Likes

But yes sir I guess I’m looking for whatever I need to start

6 Likes

I thought it had something to do with this page

7 Likes

So, I get that the focus is AIP 4 & 5 for valid reasons but I just think a little more clarity about AIP-3 is warranted considering we’re talking about a proposal from a generally unknown Company (The Cartan Group) to transfer $500M of $Ape coin to generally undefined projects. Specifically:

1. I would welcome further clarity about the Cartan Group
  2. Would like confirmation of what is the minimum amount required for operations in Year 1 ($500M is a hefty budget)
  3. Would like to understand the relationship between this $500M and the Seed Capital of $450M received by Yuga Labs.
  4. I further oppose objective #5 and believe we should explore partnering with decentralized marketplaces vs. building our own as highlighted in the thread below.. The proposal itself discusses 4 Foundational categories but lists 5, it feels that the last one was added in haste.

Would welcome a separate thread to discuss prior to voting closes.

Sincerely,

GeekApe

13 Likes

Yes do I start a new log in

8 Likes