WG Alternative: Empower Special Council To Fill Key Essential Service Positions

Hi Sword,

I appreciate you putting forth an alternative proposal. While it would definitely be easier and more efficient to do things this way, I do have some questions and concerns.

My concerns with it are similar to those I had when Cartan wanted to expand and take over communications. It centralizes the DAO further and puts more power into the hands of the Foundation which goes against the DAO’s goals of further decentralization.

According to the website, The Foundation is not an overseer and is designed to become more decentralized over time.

Have you spoken to any members of the Special Council to see if this plan is even viable and they are able to take on these additional responsibilities? The Stewards changed the process in our Community Discourse Facilitators proposal to a vote instead of having the Special Council engage them after feedback from them.

Also, you keep saying that you believe this proposal is legally compliant, on what basis do you make those assumptions? Have you spoken to a lawyer about this?

Thank you for this proposal, I look forward to your reply.
-AA

1 Like