Access to the Discord server

Hello there I’m new and I’m trying to join Apecoin Discord server I think I 've all the prerequisite ( I have more than 1 $ape in my wallet) but I can’t verify on the server the Vulcan verification always failed to verify I try with opensea and superrare multiple time but I failed every time.
Did I miss something ?

3 Likes

Hey Rabbit! You seem to have the invite, if you’ve made it as far as vulcan bot, but I’ll leave it here just in case:

Can you send me a DM, and we can debug it for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just add you as friend to message you in Discord

1 Like

What do people think about having Discord with access with 0 APE in a new general channel? The old general chat could be renamed and remain for holders of APE. The rationale as it would lower the barrier to learn some basic information and likely increase the number of real members. Only negative, like other discords that have open access, more likely to have scammers and bots. There is a mid way ground, that is to have open access but only after Vulcan or Collab. Please respond to the Polls below:

Should the Discord have access to a new General Chat with 0 APE in your wallet?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
If you agree there, should be a 0 APE Channel, should that channel still need you to verify with Vulcan or Collab?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Currently what users with 0 APE when they join Discord.

4 Likes

I’d be strongly opposed to non-tokengating the Discord. As you alluded to, it would likely do more harm than good by opening the floodgates for scammers, bots and other various security threats to our community. I recognize the desire to expand and open these conversations beyond our holders, but I’m afraid this route would create more issues than it would solve.

4 Likes

There is also a middle ground option, where there are channels with information they can read, but can’t post until they have 1 APE. This would have 0 risks if permissions are setup correctly.

Personally, I think Discord should be more open, but we need to understand that is they can freely post it would need more moderation time and hence there is a cost associated with doing this.

6 Likes

I just posted this in the cord… I’m not sure how I feel about opening it up. On one hand I think its good because it invites more potential folks that would contribute to the betterment of the dao, on the other hand… is it really worth opening it up to risk/scams/fraudsters etc? Then if we open it as a read-only, isn’t that the same as sending folks to the forum or the website?

5 Likes

I have the same vision, and for the new user to have a simple mission of being a holder of 1 APE token, this makes him feel part of a family, not to mention that for him to go through the entire process of having 1 token in his wallet, it already makes him a user of web3 in a practical way.

3 Likes

It really isn’t worth opening, it brings more harm than good.

2 Likes

Thank you, @bigbull , for your input. While it could bring more people into Discord, it would also place additional demands on our concerns about trust and security. I previously managed the OpenSea Discord, and maintaining a Discord server requires dedication and personnel. Allowing $Apecoin-free entry might increase the risk of scams and create additional service demands. For new users and non-core users, perhaps we could consider read-only channels, like ‘Onboard 101,’ as an alternative.

From the perspective of new users, they might expect more accessible communication channels. However, I still believe that prioritizing the security of ApeCoin users should be our top priority.

As MarComms, we’re exploring ways to enhance the onboarding process. We’ve had discussions with @BojangleGuy regarding AIP-251, and we’re contemplating the addition of more onboarding courses on Discord. This will contribute to enhancing the onboarding experience.

Thanks again, Big Bull. It was a great topic to discuss.
CC: @Linstro.eth

Popil

6 Likes
What content to have without 1 APE gated entry?
  • New General Chat open access. Potential scam/bot risks.
  • Read only onboarding channels (including how to get APE so you can qualify for the Discord).
  • Can view the General Chat but not have the ability to post anything.
  • Remain as now with no content visible.
0 voters
2 Likes

Read only onboarding channels (including how to get APE so you can qualify for the Discord).

3 Likes

I agree with this, it should be as it was, the Vulcan bot works just fine

4 Likes

I think you can use Opensea to verify it and it is also self explainatory

1 Like