Add "RISKS & CHALLENGES" Section into the AIP Proposal Template

It’s impractical. Let’s say there’s a game AIP, how do you propose they actually explain the risks & challenges? It’s impossible.

It’s not impossible, but definitely not difficult & very practical to get a sense of the potential challenges. Similar to architecting any type of system or technology, someone in the tech team would be thinking about the risks and what needs to be done to make sure they are mitigated.

Not to mention that the concept is completely foreign to us devs.

Yes for a dev that purely focuses on technical without delving into the business side, then yeah I can see why you would say that, but usually most team would be made up of people from different disciplines to make sure as many unknowns are covered ie. Marketing, Business Development, Tech, etc.

Just take a look at this AIP Idea where they have a section for Potential Challenges and Mitigation AIP Idea: The Boring Artists Agency: Bringing Billions of Dollars’ Worth of Game Dev and Publishing Talent to Web3 - Powered by ApeCoin

Throwing up questionable & burdensome barriers is a non-starter if we want to encourage builders.

Agreed, throwing up questionable & burdensome barriers wouldn’t help. These time taken to discuss challenges they think they might come up against helps answer questions the community would probably have and will help someone really think through the proposal & maybe find some gaps they may have overseen otherwise.

Anyway, good to discuss our differences in ideas, I hope that I got my point across about having a diverse team. & I definitely agree, for a dev this would be a hassle, but with a built-up team someone else more business-orientated could focus on this & leave the devs to build :grin:

1 Like