AIP-136: ApeCoin Community goes racing at Daytona International Speedway

Hey man, you and OP are getting off easy. You should see @0xsword when he REALLY doesn’t like an idea.

Hi
A couple of questions

• For the non-car racing people, what does this kind of sponsorship get you? Exposure to 125K fans for $165K spend doesn’t seem very efficient. Is there a little more info on how this amplifies to a bigger audience and drives people to the ecosystem?
  • What it the mechanic for ‘joining’ and ‘drawing’? When you say ALL members does this denote even members who vote against or is it only members who vote ‘for’ - the wording here could do with some amendment I think:

Thanks

St01c

2 Likes

Hello StoicDegen,

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal. Great questions! I will do my best to elaborate.

This partnership is more than just about “the race”. It is an opportunity to introduce ApeCoin to a new community of people. NASCAR fans have been proven to be the most brand loyal sports fans. The NASCAR season begins at Daytona International Speedway. Daytona Speedweek’s has always been the biggest race week of the season. This is a high speed and exciting race track where even non - fans come to watch and become fans. Its always been referred as NASCAR’s Super Bowl. Even people who don’t watch football enjoy the Super Bowl…maybe not for the game, but because its a HUGE EVENT!

The “marketing effort” begins immediately to begin the introduction of ApeCoin to this new audience. Our team will create press releases that will be posted on countless websites about ApeCoin’s partnership for this race. As we get into January, the marketing and public relations gain momentum…feature stories of ApeCoin’s involvement with racing will have television, online and print recognition. This presence gives fans an opportunity to hear about ApeCoin and begin exploring and learning about “what” ApeCoin is about. We will also have a display race car on hand at remote locations leading up to Speedweek’s. This enables for media attention and news features. Of course we will have the display race car for the duration of Speedweek’s to allow fan interactions and encourage them to post their interactions on various social media outlets. I live in Central Florida and have strong ties with various media entities and NASCAR. We will all work together to showcase ApeCoin. Of course all of the racing activity during the week - practices, qualifying and the race will not only be aired on FOX, FOX Sports 1, Sirius XM and various other media outlets.
This is how we grow the DAO’s audience and drive people to the ApeCoin community. Its about presenting a new idea in a fun and engaging environment that then allows those people to explore that new idea for themselves.

With regard to the drawing…The idea was for all the members who voted in favor of the proposal would be included into the drawing for the Patio at Daytona. The rationale being that the event would be attended by members interested in supporting the event. At the end of the day, we are all in support of the growth and forward goals of the ApeCoin community!

Thank you again for your inquires SD! If you have any further questions or would like me to elaborate, I would be more than happy to do so!

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. I love the idea of broadening the exposure, it would be amazing if this could do more than that but was a stepping stone to broadening the utility e.g. rather than showcase ApeCoin work towards a deal that integrates ApeCoin for say ticket sales or something similar

With regards to the drawing, I don’t think inducing people to vote in favour of certain proposals is something that we should do as a DAO this could have some very negative unintended consequences. Personally if this makes it to the next stage, I think the inducement should be removed or altered so that it encourages participation rather than a specific result.

7 Likes

Thank you for assessment and input! I truly appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @raceape’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

@raceape has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

@raceape has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Hello Pearson,

I wanted to reach our regarding the vote for our proposal. It has been a while since I have heard from you and your team. I have noticed others that have come after ours that have been allowed a vote. I assume we will be granted a vote for our proposal. Do you have a date in which it will be submitted? I appreciate and look forward to your response. Thank you.

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @raceape is ready for vote. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release, which is every Thursday at 9PM ET.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

2 Likes

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Reject AIPs subcategory.

-moonkt

1 Like