AIP-182: The App to Create Visuals, Banners, Stickers, Memes & GIFs with your NFTs

IMO anything that gives people additional incentive to use apecoin is a big boost to the dao.

1 Like

Why can’t the DAO accept revenue streams? I would normally dm about this, but I feel like this is a good point to have public, possibly make an entire thread about

I believe it’s because Cartan received advice not to from its legal team in order to avoid somehow being captured by US jurisdiction, but there is a lot wrong with that theory. Mostly that if you’re scared of being under US jurisdiction and are acting in such a manner, that’s all the argument a US regulator would need in order to say you are under US jurisdiction.

I think most of the theory about not accepting revenue streams is to protect the individuals behind Cartan, who could be individually picked out for censure by regulators. Also, the 5 individuals on the Special Council are protecting themselves as individuals because they are all US citizens, I believe. But the DAO itself is not being protected here, honestly, because it isn’t under US jurisdiction. IMO, it should be able to accept revenue streams.

The current idea is to keep the DAO nebulous with a Cayman structure and have it fund working groups that incorporate to do business in physical jurisdictions. As legally wrapped entities, these working groups could accept revenue streams no problem just like any business.

I’m also a huge proponent of internationalizing, anonymizing and/or codifying DAO leadership in smart contracts, because I’m tired of the excuse that the DAO can’t accept revenue because the US citizens who accepted leadership positions in it are scared of being individually censured by their home country.

2 Likes

I heard portugal is kind of nice this time of year…

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised by this AIP proposal.

Can you elaborate Stage 4. Web3 Creative Studio Premium & $ApeCoin integration, on what plans you have to integrate $apecoin and how this is a necessary feature.

Also, have you checked out the SupDucks app they launched when King Frogs went live? Are there other apps you’re using as reference to integrate certain features etc.?

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@doberdanny has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

Love this idea. If the UX for the platform/app is easy enough, this will pay for itself in it’s organic marketing potential in my opinion. Every other user will use it to meme and fill up twitter/discord.
Some comments:

1. Would like to see the ability to source/connect to (multiple) vaults without a direct sign in/connection.
  2. Is there an ability cleanly knock out backgrounds as well as body?
  3. Will templates be continuously added or is this up to the community to add?
  4. There were some really good memes in the past for BAYC created by Pablo Lopez. The key to his animation was doing mouth and eye swaps that made sense - i figure this is probably too difficult to do programmatically but was wondering if the team can look into? (example here: Bayc Bored GIF - Bayc Bored Ape - Discover & Share GIFs)

Thanks!

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear that :raised_hands:t2:
As you can see, the majority of the features of Web3 Creative Studio will be free of charge.
However, $ApeCoin will be the fuel for the app’s premium features like unlimited storage of drafts and projects, and access to exclusive templates that we will constantly add to the app. In addition ApeCoin DAO is the strongest Web3 community, and together we can make it a huge success.

Thank you for the reference to the SupDucks app and King Frogs. We checked them and other projects such as 10ktf, 1combo, niftytaylor, and we have lots of ideas of what to implement in the future

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and support :raised_hands:

1. For sure. It will be possible to connect multiple wallets with chain-free authentication methods:
  • Tokenproof
  • Authentication by just modifying the OpenSea description (similar to Vulcan.xyz)
  1. Of course. We’re fine-tuning each collection to remove backgrounds properly. You can remove the background and/or the body of the NFT.

2. Both. Our team will add templates on a regular basis. And creators will have the ability to share the templates for everyone or specific communities.

3. We know Pablo Lopez very well, and he is one of the creators that inspired us to build it :slightly_smiling_face: . Of course, we research different options and have plans to implement AI. Our advisor is a founder of Reface, so we have good backers and partners to make it possible in the future

6 Likes

Hello all,

We have sent another list of follow-up questions and await answers.

Kind Regards,

-mallard

3 Likes

Hello again everyone,

@doberdanny has responded to our questions and they are in our review once more.

Keep an eye on this topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-mallard

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

@doberdanny has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

Hey Daniel - this is a super cool proposal by offering to making $APE a primary payment for an already existing start up.

My key point of feedback would just be to add additional clarity for what this means tactically early in the proposal:

1. Once paid in $APE how long will you hold?
  2. What other currencies will be accepted? Will there be any incentive to use $APE over these.

Exciting stuff!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions!
To provide more clarity on your questions:

1. We plan to spend the portion of the $APE used for operating costs immediately, and the remaining funds will be reinvested in the development of additional features to strengthen the platform and utility of the token.
    If you have any additional suggestions or advice, we would greatly appreciate it.

2. While other cryptocurrencies will also be accepted, we will offer a small discount for payments made in $APE to incentivize users to convert their funds to ApeCoin for purchases. ApeCoin will be the primary payment method, but it will not be the only one available.

4 Likes

We have no further questions for @doberdanny. This AIP is now with the Special Council for Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @doberdanny is ready for vote. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release, which is every Thursday at 9PM ET.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

This proposal will be live for vote tonight at 9 pm EST on Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-Pearson

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 58.2% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

-moonkt

2 Likes

Hello ApeCoin DAO Community,

This proposal has now been fully implemented.

Thank you @doberdanny for the idea, and to the community for voicing their thoughts and voting!

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-182: The App to Create Visuals, Banners, Stickers, Memes & GIFs with your NFTs, and further updates will be posted.

-Vulkan

1 Like