AIP-183: Cartan’s Proven Track Record & Continued Commitment to Advancing the ApeCoin Ecosystem

Hi Brian,

I know that Cartan has done a lot of great work thus far - we thank you and the team for it. However, I believe the community will need to more simply understand what the justification is for the effectively >2x increase in monthly cost for this proposal. I understand Cartan indicating it took on additional responsibilities that were not part of the original scope, but it could appear to a reasonable observer that numerous items suggested in the Expanded Scope may fit within the Initial Scope of Operations under ‘providing operational support and project management support for the Foundation’. We will need further elaboration.

Perhaps a chart showing the difference between the Initial Scope and the Expanded Scope would be helpful. Additionally, people in the DAO have asked how many Full-Time Equivalents are presently working on ApeCoin Foundation? Will we expect that number to more than double with if this proposal were to pass?

Also, this is nothing against Cartan, but the Future of ApeCoin DAO is intended to reduce reliance on Cartan, therefore, we need to be thoughtful as a DAO when it comes to expanding the scope of services outside of AIP-1

For example this Direct Communications Strategy sticks out to me as something that can be fully addressed in the near-future within DAO working groups:

1. Direct communications strategy

Cartan is responsible for:

Managing communication channels, social media, and inbound media inquiries.
Developing communication principles.
Codifying process and proactive messaging.
Aligning fundamental communications between Ape Foundation, Special Council, and all stakeholders.
Setting-up media handling protocol such as social media, Do’s and Don’ts, Q&As, and tone of voice.

I would like for Cartan to succeed, but please note that the voting public has grown to be quite skeptical when it comes to voting since the launch of the DAO. Therefore, I believe these are items that will need to be clearly addressed to help present a stronger AIP for voting.

Thank you,
-G

12 Likes