AIP-225: Ape Page - One place for everything about your Ape

I’ll explain my questions and expand a bit more now that I’m on the computer:

On the revenue side of the platform: the target audience of Ape Page is MAYC and BAYC holders.

1. That’s arguably a very small community of users to be able to get revenue to maintain those operations (even ApeCoin Dao has captured a minority of it’s userbase) so my biggest concern is the viability to obtain revenue, possibility to capture user base and if they will use ApeCoin at all.

2. So what would be the estimated revenue of the verticals that you would like to implement?

3. How to capture the users and how and why these users will use ApePage and be incentivized to use ApeCoin so it’s a noticeable utility?

Edit: Minor spelling errors and re-phrasing.

1 Like

Thanks, @Kreamy – we really appreciate the engagement and input!

I think your primary concern/questions have been addressed by our follow-up comments at this point. However, it highlights a few critical areas in our current draft that could definitely be improved before we go to vote.

For #1 and #2, see this comment:

For #3:
The benefit of Ape Page to ApeCoin is not unlike several other platforms approved by the DAO (Ape and Talent, AIP-182, etc.) in that we plan to use $ApeCoin as our primary payment token for page claims and all of our additional features. If our initial BAYC/MAYC launch is successful, we also plan to expand into other communities, which will help expand the benefit of ApePage beyond MAYC/BAYC. (A significant portion of $APE holders also hold at least one other Yugaverse PFP).

See this comment for more on this:

We’re also more than happy to continue to workshop this to ensure Ape Page benefits the ApeCoin DAO!

Later in the post you wrote: "By using ApeCoin as a requirement to keep Ape page… "

Hi. Primary, or exclusive and required? Obviously anyone using your proposed page already knows about ApeCoin, and if other, more common, methods of payment are available then that’s the form of payment ppl will probably use. That’s true for any page.

“(A significant portion of $APE holders also hold at least one other Yugaverse PFP).”

“Stop wasting time explaining how your Ape PFP is more than a monkey picture. Drop the link anywhere (Discord, Twitter, leaderboards… within Otherside) to show off how baller your Ape is.”

Maybe Yuga should fund this. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Hey @br00no, thanks for jumping in on this proposal.

$APE will be the only payment token for the platform. If this proposal passes, MAYC holders can claim a free page for the first year, with BAYC, and other ecosystems to follow after that. After the first year, those who claimed will need to renew their page using $APE. We haven’t settled on exact amounts yet.

Edit (to better address the second part of your question):
Over time, we see Ape Page being useful for all NFTs (not just Yuga), which is why we think it’s a good fit for Ape Coin and can be a great utility addition to $APE. We’re simply trying to stay narrow with our initial “go to market” to make the rollout less complex.

1 Like

It’s the impression I got from first landing on the page and scrolling down. It has a fun and gaming vibe. I’d say Catapult is catered to the professional side of Apecoin, while this is geared toward the gaming and fun side. And it has the potential to grow along with the fun side of the ecosystem.

1 Like

Okay, awesome, that’s exactly what we are going for. We want to be laser-focused on the gaming aspects of the ecosystem. Thanks, @Cardo!

1 Like

quick read of the summary and it doesnt pass my own filter: any NFT-tool related AIP needs to include ape + 10ktf ecosystem or have clear flexibility to build those in.

there’s no meaningful ecosystem growth for tools that narrowly focus on 10k jpeg collections. and more broadly, having something to show people without any meaningful intent (or ability?) to use the aggregated data is just another social media platform. seems like i could just as easily spin up a dedicated insta-profile and include all the requisite things w/o putting my wallet at risk.

the really hard reality is that most of the talented builders who want to build stuff for apes are going to engage with yuga. they have the means and legal ability to offer and receive counter-party assurances, whereas the DAO does not at this stage. which is why i think it’s a much better initial use of time and resources to deploy or integrate with existing projects rather than spending lots of capital trying to build our own thing. in this instance, lens, disco, sismo, and even phi are integration candidates. am much more willing to support an AIP that has done BD on an integration opportunity and seeks funds to deploy into that integration.

4 Likes

Hey Marklar, thanks for taking the time to check out our proposal! Here are a couple of points of clarity that should help.

1. We will support 10ktf along with many other projects. One of our primary goals is to focus on BD with partner projects to ensure we can integrate with as many ecosystems as possible. We’re making good progress on this front. Here’s a list of initial projects/integrations we plan to support at launch:
  • BAYC / MAYC (initial PFPs, with many more to come)
  • 10ktf
  • Mutant Cartel
  • Applied Primate
  • Jenkins the Valet
  • Otherside
  • BAKC
  • Sewer Passes
  1. Creating an insta-profile would be highly susceptible to scams (doesn’t prove ownership of anything), doesn’t stay updated automatically, and they also just announced dropping NFT support. We are also putting wallets at very minimal risk (no more than any other Web3 app), a) we plan to support Warm/Delegate. b) we will only ask for a signature.

2. Lens, Disco, Sismo, etc., are all identity protocols - we’re focused on aggregating mostly Yugaverse data both on and off-chain.

I think this is a narrative that many are focused on; however, we believe it’s quite the opposite. Entire ecosystems and brands are built around individual PFPs, and The Otherside, Sandbox, World Wide Webb, etc. rely on them as primary playable Avatars. The complexity of the current and future 10k assets will only continue to grow, and there are very few tools that are specifically catered toward these individual profiles and their needs.

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

We have no further questions for @Nyxeros. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Lost.Admin

1 Like

In responding to our questions, @Nyxeros has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

Questions (Click to expand)
  1. Are there any potential legal risks associated with the activities of this AIP?

We see no potential legal risks at this point.

1. Will you please provide background information on yourself which highlights your ability to complete the tasks set out in this proposal? Please provide substantial support to your response, and examples if possible.

I am a digital native who has been involved with online communities for as long as I can remember. In 2016, I kicked off my crypto career when I helped create Initial Pixel Offering, one of the first NFT projects and Snowfro’s first on-chain art gallery. In 2017, I co-founded Radar Relay as the Head of Marketing. During my time there, I built our marketing department from scratch, implementing strategies and processes that targeted and appealed to the then-small crypto community, with the aim of expanding our user base.

At Radar, I was responsible for growing our Twitter following from 0 to approximately 20,000 followers, building our email list to approximately 8,000 signups, and creating educational websites that explained complex crypto topics such as wrapped ETH, token allowances, and relayer networks. These websites were staples in the industry and helped to educate and onboard thousands of Web3 users. After leaving Radar, I continued to develop my skills through freelance consulting work until early 2021, when I became involved with NFTs.

At the beginning of 2021, I co-founded CR3 Labs, a blockchain product studio focused on building products and tooling for the Metaverse. I also managed to mint my MAYC, eventually leading to my heavy involvement with the Mutant Cartel. I’m now a member of the Novel Labs team where I handle product and project management, assist with strategy and storytelling, serve as a Discord moderator, and more.

In addition, my co-founders also have a proven track record of building successful products and brands:

• Together, we built Radar Relay, which did over $400 million in trading volume (significant for 2017).

• They have built products for major brands, including GE, Intercontinental Hotels, The Chive, Lyft, Clayton Homes, Pop Sockets, Magic, Spark Swap, and more.

1. Please elaborate on the teams’ expectations for the future.

Our long-term vision for Ape Page is that it becomes an integral piece of infrastructure for the Yugaverse and provides lasting utility to ApeCoin. We hope to accomplish this by 1) providing a significant benefit to the community as a primary location to showcase accomplishments and L2/Otherside engagement. 2) Provide ongoing utility for ApeCoin through page renewals and significant expansion beyond the BAYC/MAYC ecosystem.

1. What are the Objectives and Key Results which have been identified for your project?
  • OKR 1 (Q2): Enhance Brand Awareness

• Increase social engagement by 150%

• Participate in 10+ Twitter Spaces

• Three press mentions with major crypto media outlets

• OKR 2 (Q2/Q3): Product Development

• Alpha release by the end of Q2

• Beta release by the end of Q3

• Develop a viral marketing campaign/page-sharing mechanic

• OKR 3 (Q3): User acquisition

• At least 25% of the BAYC/MAYC user base has an active page

• Design and release a referrals campaign

• OKR 4 (Q3/Q4): Expansion

• Establish three new partner integrations

• Release three major features (vetted by the community)

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation?

*If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

N/A

1. Have you or your team identified any additional financial, operational, or brand risks associated with this AIP?

N/A

1. Since your app would require token holders to connect wallets, what are the plans for security audits of the app?
  • The proposal includes a budget for an application penetration test and a contract audit

• The app will support wallet delegation (warm / delegate.cash)

• We intend to be vigilant operationally by setting up an SOC, ensuring best practices for security standards, and properly communicating official links to the community to mitigate phishing

1. Outside of the free claims which you have indicated, do you have any estimated costs for users to use the platform’s features?

After the first year, pages will require a small yearly fee in ApeCoin (a similar mechanism to ENS). The exact cost will be based on market factors at the time but is estimated to be less than $100 in ApeCoin per user.

1. Estimated costs for any premium features?
  • Otherside compatible NFT mint (based on average costs of NFT mint at the time)

• One-time custom theme purchases (small fees in ApeCoin of $100 or less)

• Likely more TBD at a later date based on community feedback

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @Nyxeros is ready for vote under AIP-225. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

@Lost.Admin