AIP-232: Resubmission of Building Apeverse: A Multi-language Information Hub for the Ape Ecosystem

Proposal Name: Apeverse - A Multi-language Information Hub for the Ape Ecosystem
Proposal Category: Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Original Proposal

Reason for Return
The previous AIP was rejected in the community voting event.

Resubmission Updates
The updated version is stated below.

Abstract

The creation of the multi-language information hub, Apeverse, is a move aiming at aggregating information dissemination and community engagement for the rapidly growing Ape ecosystem. With the expanding Ape community, it is crucial to have a platform that provides timely and accessible information on the latest updates, data, and activities within the ecosystem.

Apeverse will not only serve as a source of information but also as a platform for community members to connect and collaborate, fostering a sense of community and promoting growth. The platform will track dynamic changes of Ape-related NFTs and Apecoin and provide data analysis to showcase the progress of the ecosystem, further promoting transparency and accountability within the community.

Author Description

@ChrisL: A seasoned crypto practitioner with 5 years of experience in strategy, business development, and marketing in various blockchain projects. An active member of the Ape community, Ape forum, and Ape Chinese community. Well-versed in navigating multi-language and multi-cultural environments.

Motivation

The Ape ecosystem has seen incredible growth and popularity since its launch, and as the community continues to expand, it’s crucial to have a platform for information dissemination and community engagement. The creation of a multi-language information hub, Apeverse, will provide the community with timely and accessible information on the latest developments within the ecosystem.

Apeverse will serve as a platform for the Ape community to connect and collaborate. The website will encourage cooperation among members by allowing them to submit relevant progress and events. In addition to providing real-time updates of official information, Apeverse will track dynamic changes of Ape NFTs and Apecoin, and provide intuitive analysis to show the progress of the ecosystem on a data level.

The creation of Apeverse has the potential to help build a bigger and more diverse community. By making the ecosystem accessible to a wider audience through multiple languages, Apeverse will help to attract new members and promote growth in different areas of the world. This will help to ensure the continued success and expansion of the Ape ecosystem, making it a truly global phenomenon with even more impact.

Rationale

Apeverse will serve as a source of information and updates, reducing confusion and misinformation and ensuring that the Ape community is always well-informed. The data trends and analysis provided by Apeverse will inform and guide decision-making for community members, further building trust and confidence in the community.

Apeverse will also play a key role in promoting the Ape ecosystem to wider communities. By showcasing online and offline activities, Apeverse will help attract new members and promote the community’s growth.

In addition to serving as a source of information and community engagement, Apeverse will play an important role in discovering new use cases for ApeCoin and bringing more utilities to the token. For example, the website will provide access to unique functions and benefits available to ApeCoin holders, and will explore new utilities for the token, such as using ApeCoin to pay for memberships and access advanced functions, using ApeCoin to pay for tickets to offline events, and more.

Specifications

Apeverse will present its products in the form of web pages, divided into the following categories: Homepage, News, Ape NFT, ApeCoin, and Activities.

• Homepage: The home page will provide an overview of the sub-pages, including News, Ape NFT, ApeCoin, and recent activities. The homepage will feature a scrolling display of key content, such as major events from Yuga, important proposals and voting from the ApeCoin DAO, changes in Ape-related collateral and data, etc.

• News: The News page will be divided into three modules. The first module will display Ape-related news from official channels and mainstream media. The second module will feature articles on the Ape ecosystem, with independent writers regularly invited to report on recent developments. The third module will show the latest proposals on the ApeCoin forum, including recent APIs and ongoing votes.

• Ape NFT: This section will capture and display relevant data on the NFT market, including the floor price transaction volume and other key data of Ape NFTs. Advanced functions may be added in the future, such as tracking whale activities, KOL accounts, large transactions, and address profits.

• ApeCoin: This part will display the price chart of ApeCoin, real-time data updated in a timely manner, and a daily statistics summary updated on a daily basis. More information, such as its circulation and release schedule, will also be aggregated.

• Activities: The Activities page will consist of two parts, online and offline activities. The website will regularly launch creative campaigns with ApeCoin rewards. For offline events, the website will provide timely information about gatherings, conferences, and exhibitions where Ape has a presence.

In addition to the sub-pages, the website will be available in multiple languages, starting with English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, with plans to expand to more languages in the future to build a global community. As Apeverse grows, more sub-pages and derivative products may be added in the future.

Steps to Implement

1. Design: Creation of the website to visualize the layout and flow of the different pages. This will help to ensure that the website meets the requirements and is user-friendly.
  2. Development: Based on the design, start developing the website. This may involve writing the code, integrating APIs, and configuring the back-end systems.
  3. Testing: Once the website has been developed, conduct thorough testing to ensure that it functions as intended and meets the requirements.
  4. Launch: Once the website has been tested and is deemed ready, launch the website and make it available to the public.
  5. Monitoring and maintenance: Regularly monitor the website to ensure that it continues to function as intended and address any issues that arise. Additionally, plan for regular maintenance and updates to keep the website up-to-date and secure.
  6. Iteration: add more functions and contents to Apeverse based on its growth, including but not limited to, adding more languages, advanced data flow or charts, and new sub-sectors.

Timeline

• Proposal and voting: March - April 2023
  • Website design and development: May - July 2023
  • Testing and official launch: August 2023
  • Membership system and advanced functions: September - October 2023
  • On-going operations and updates: November 2023 - April 2024

Overall Cost

• UI/UX design * 1 people * 2 months = 6,000 * 1 * 2 = 12,000
  • Website front-end development * 3 people * 2 months = 4000 * 3 * 2 = 24,000
  • On-going development and maintenance of the website * 1 person * 10 months = 4,000 * 1 * 10 = 40,000
  • Smart contract development *1 people * 1 months = 8,000 * 1 * 1 = 8,000
  • Smart contract audit = 10,000
  • Website content operations * 1 person * 10 months = 3,000 * 1 * 10 = 30,000
  • Invited writers * 1 articles per month * 10 months = 500 * 1 * 10 = 5,000
  • Marketing campaigns * 1 every 2 months * 10 months = 1000 * 0.5 * 10 = 5,000
  • Others (domain name, server, etc.) = 3,000

Total: $135,000 for the first year.

Related Articles

The invited writer published on the biggest Chinese crypto media, BAYC’s Successful Evolution: Analysis of the Brand Value Behind It (English version): The Successful Evolution of BAYC: Anatomy of the Brand Value Beh… — 0xChrisL 6.

Periodically summarizing stats of Ape NFT to Asian communities. Example: Bored Ape Weekly Report (Aug 1 to Aug 7) — 0xChrisL 2.

Forwarded by the Bored Ape Gazette: https://www.theboredapegazette.com/post/stats-take-a-closer-look-at-the-sales-numbers-for-the-bayc-mayc-from-aug-14-20-2022 1.

2 Likes

I’m really glad to see you resubmitting this proposal. I think there is a huge need for information about ApeCoin and the DAO to be provided in languages other than English and there really isn’t a great way for people who don’t speak English to connect and collaborate right now.

I do have a few questions.

• Do you have experience setting up anything similar to this?

• Where will you find the independent writers that you plan to invite to report on recent developments?

• Will you also include data on staking?

Thanks again for your resubmission! Wish you the best of luck this time around!

8 Likes

If you reduce your proposal to only APECOIN DAO page transition on this platform - how much will this cost and how many languages. This is an Apecoin DAO - a separate entity from any Yuga Labs product derivatives. It is very important to focus on urgent things here that don’t even need a smart contract creation.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support! My original proposal, AIP-123, was focused on delivering information to non-English-speaking communities. But after talking to some community members, I was advised to include the English community and bring everyone together. The scope of Apeverse is now expanded to serve the entire Ape community while making multi-language a key feature. This way, Apeverse can cater to all members, regardless of their cultural background, and bridge any language barriers.

In response to your questions:

1. I haven’t replicated the exact functions of a website, but I have experience in running Dapps/webpages that aggregate data and provide dashboard displays. These skills are transferable to the needs of Apeverse.

2. I have multiple sources for writers.

• I have connections with journalists, as one example shown in the appendix.
  • After I posted AIP-123, several community members reached out to offer their writing skills.
  • Apeverse will have a feature for content submission, so anyone with good content creation skills is welcome to contribute.
  1. Absolutely! Staking is a key metric that we will track. The quoted “Ape-related collateral” includes the staking of ApeCoin and NFTs. The idea is to gather data from various platforms to unify them all.
3 Likes

One of the key goals of Apeverse is to provide timely information and updates from global communities. While creating a page solely dedicated to ApeCoin would significantly reduce the budget, it would not achieve the purpose of establishing an information hub for the Ape ecosystem.

Plus, there is a huge overlap between ApeCoin and Ape NFT holders. Apeverse serves the general Ape community and not Yuga Labs, so it will include Ape-related NFTs such as BAYC/MAYC, but not other Yuga products like CryptoPunks or Meebits.

2 Likes

Hi @ChrisL,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

@Lost.Admin

Big supporter of inclusivity and making sure that the DAO is able to connect with cultures around the globe but one thing I’d love to see more of on in your proposal is converting website participants to ApeCoinDAO voters and discourse contributors; perhaps with assistance from staff who may be more proficient in English than the majority of your user base…

Other than that, I’m wishing you all the best :+1:

AC

4 Likes

Please move forward to the AIP draft process. Thank you!

Thank you for your support and for suggesting the idea of converting website participants to ApeCoin DAO. One of the processes included in Apeverse to achieve this goal is adding AIP and DAO voting updates to the dashboard. I am willing to make adjustments to the functions if you have any more ideas to achieve this goal.

It is true that the activity of non-native English speakers is low on Discourse. One way to address this could be to encourage leaders from different language communities and guide their members to participate in DAO activities.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @ChrisL, for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions].

A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. please see your messages for the next steps.

Thank you,
@Lost.Admin

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ChrisL has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ChrisL’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

@ChrisL has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

Now that’s a proposal I can stand Behind. We need to embrace and celebrate the fact that we have such a global presence.

Language has been a way to communicate ideas for a millennia. Let’s leverage that and get to work.

If we want to expand to new markets and solidify our position as the Go To project in Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia , Middle East and the rest of the world, it’s the small details that matter.

Those small touches can go a long way in making people feel welcome.

If all fails, Expanding into new markets in the future (laying the foundation for it) will be a nice reason for something like this.

I’d like to volunteer to translate the complete mission of ApeCoin to Hindi (हिन्दी) if the need arises (native speaker)

Can’t wait to see what we can achieve with this AIP, Best of luck and I hope this passes.

3 Likes

Thank you @CEOofWeb3.0 for your enthusiastic support! Embracing our global presence and breaking language barriers are indeed crucial steps in expanding our reach and solidifying ApeCoin’s position in various markets. Personally, I have witnessed the active participation of Ape Asian communities and hope to see similar engagement in other parts of the world, with Apeverse acting as a bridge connecting diverse cultures.

Your offer to volunteer as a Hindi translator is greatly appreciated! I’ll keep it in mind should the need arise. I’m excited about the possibilities of Apeverse and hope for a positive outcome.

2 Likes

Hoping for the best, wishing for the absolute best.

Stay relentless brother :call_me_hand:

1 Like

We have no further questions for @ChrisL . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@lost.admin

1 Like

In responding to our questions, @ChrisL has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

Questions (Click to expand)
  1. Are there any potential legal risks associated with the activities of this AIP?

Answer:

I have not identified any legal risks associated with the activities of this AIP at the present stage.

1. What are the Objectives and Key Results which have been identified for your project?

Answer:

The OKRs for this project include website visits and page views, expansion of new languages, and the number of subscribed members after launching the membership feature.

1. Please elaborate on the teams’ expectations for the future, beyond year one. The requested funding covers development and operational costs for only the first year (until April 2024).

Answer:

The team envisions expanding to support more languages, developing a comprehensive data dashboard, offering complex data analysis for premium members, and creating new sections such as derivative product sales. Additionally, the goal is to attract more partners and expand ApeCoin’s use cases in different areas such as payments.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

Answer:

The Ape Foundation’s assistance would be appreciated in marketing Apeverse to the global community when Apeverse officially launches. This could involve sharing information on Twitter, connecting with more Ape-related communities, and inviting us to join related Twitter Spaces.

1. Have you or your team identified any additional financial, operational, or brand risks associated with this AIP?

Answer:

One potential risk is the platform’s failure to deliver on its promises. To mitigate this, the project manager (myself) will strictly control all processes and provide periodic progress updates, ensuring development and operations follow the schedule.

1. Would your app require token holders to connect wallets to access certain features?

Answer:

Yes. Apeverse would require token holders to connect wallets for $APE holders-only features and advanced functions for subscribers.

• If so, what are the plans for security audits of the dapp/site?

Answer:

The AIP includes an auditing plan and budget to ensure security. The verification function for $APE holders is relatively simple for minimizing the associated risk.

1. Do you have any estimated costs for users to use the platform’s features, or any premium features?

Answer:

While the platform will be free for most general users, premium functions for subscribers are planned. These premium features will include advanced NFT tracking and data analysis functions. The precise costs for the premium features will be determined after conducting surveys among community members.

1. Your Overall Cost section notes that some elements of development would require more than 1 person. Please provide details on the other team members which highlight their abilities to complete the tasks set out in this proposal.

Answer:

At the current stage, I am the project manager responsible for overseeing the entire process and ensuring that Apeverse is developed according to the stated timeline and schedule. While I have a list of potential candidates, no other team members are confirmed yet, so I cannot provide specific details about their backgrounds. The plan is to build an Apeverse development and operations team, with roles outlined in the AIP. I will recruit team members from my connections and from the Ape global community. My extensive experience in developing various web3 projects, including infrastructures and dapps, equips me with the skills to assemble and manage such a team.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Answer:

Yes, please feel free to share all content with the community.

1 Like