AIP-239: Working Group Guidelines & The Governance Working Group Charter

Term limits can be found under “4. Governance Working Group Steward Elections” under “Working Group Guidelines and Process

The term limits are the exact same as the Special Council. There are 3 seats, and 2 seats go up for election in May/June 2023 for cycle two starting July 1st, with the other seat going up for election November/December 2023 for cycle one starting January 1st.

Yes! A “Process Proposal” is defined in AIP-1 as: “- a proposal about making a change to a process or proposing an implementation. Examples include procedures, guidelines, changes to the decision-making process, and changes to the tools or environment of the DAO or Foundation.”

Given the DAO Secretary can be anyone, I would argue there is absolutely an opportunity for 3rd party oversight. Given this first cycle, with Vulkan proposed as the DAO Secretary, you would be correct that he would not qualify as a “third party.”

I think its worth noting the entire DAO acts as an oversight body:

A: They will vote on this AIP.
B: They will vote on Stewards every 6 months.
C: They will vote on budgets every 6 months.

As a token holder, to exercise your oversight rights you would merely adjust your vote to a candidate who does represent you and your interests as a token holder. Additionally, if the DAO feels that Stewards are abusing their budgets, token holders can merely elect to not vote for their follow up budget proposal or simply remove and replace those Stewards that are abusing their position as per section 6. Removal and Replacement of Working Group Stewards.

We are currently discussing and deliberating the creation of a Governance Working Group. While I agree we shouldn’t be running “elections” for the people who are going to facilitate our Social Media accounts, it only makes sense to discuss politics and elections when we’re talking about a Governance Working Group that directly facilitates our governance process, or AIP-1.

-Amplify

4 Likes