AIP-266: Authorise Special Council to issue Directives for more efficient DAO operation

Gotcha! Yes, that makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to give such an in depth response.

1 Like

Hey @ApeForLife,

Reading through your AIP I had the following questions.

1. How would this list of Directives be tracked, managed, and shared with the community? Does this quote below mean there would be a new category here on the Forum similar to how there are “Election” categories? Would community members post their requests in this section?
  1. What if additional clarification is needed during the process (ex. Secretary requesting clarification from the Proposer) and no response is received in the 2 business day proposed window? Would this 2 day window be extended in this case?

2. What if the 2 and 8 business day guidelines are not met? Are there any penalties or repercussions of any kind?

Thanks,

Vulkan

6 Likes

Hi Vulkan, they would just forward a direct message to you (secretary of the DAO), you will not request clarification or anything, just forward it to the Special Council Members, they can look at it and if it is too vague, they can reject it on that basis. If they think it is a good idea, but don’t like a part of it, they can approve the part they think is an improvement or clarify or improve it themselves as they please (amend and approve ). There is no specific penalty if timelines are not met other than the fact that the community can remove anyone from their positions if they feel they are not doing their work properly or timeously i.e. the community would expect it to be done in these time periods else there could be breach of confidence. A new category of ‘Directives’ must be created on the main menu of the forum page to communicate ‘Directives’ when they have been issued. New approved ‘Directives’ only need to be loaded on there, rejected suggestions will not be loaded. I presume it will pop up under ‘latest’ if a new Directive is loaded up as well, so as to further alert the community. The ‘Directives’ page will be an informational page as to ‘Directives’ that have been issued, it would not be necessary for anyone to comment underneath it, although I do not see a problem with it if space is left for community comments.

Thanks for the clarification @ApeForLife. One follow-up question I had is where would/should the list of Directives that are pending a Special Council approve/reject decision be displayed?

I see you mention approved Directives would be posted to the new Forum category but say there’s a list of 10 Directives pending a Special Council decision would the community be able to see that list anywhere? To avoid proposing a duplicate Directive or to know if something has already been requested.

4 Likes

Thanks Vulcan, the suggestion is good to prevent possible duplication of EIS submissions. Perhaps the most suitable would then be a further tab for EIS, I will amend to include - the EIS post will then close if approved or rejected.

Done and dusted, ready to Go!

2 Likes

Hi @ApeForLife ,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-12GAUGE

7 Likes

Thanks 12Gauge, you can post it to drafts when the timer runs out, it’s sufficiently done and dusted.

Oh heeeeyyyyyy 12Gauge. I just had to say hi because this is the first admin post I’m seeing of yours so… ISSAAA CELEBRATION!

hee hee hee ;o)

6 Likes

In that case I’m honoured 12Gauge that I have the priviledge of being your first admin post!

2 Likes

:partying_face: First of many! Thanks @Ms_NFTy and @ApeForLife, appreciate the support. We have big shoes to fill but @Chris.Admin and I are both very excited to be serving the community.

9 Likes

You guys got it!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @ApeForLife ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @ApeForLife please see your messages for the next steps.

-12GAUGE

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ApeForLife has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

1 Like

Thanks 12GAUGE, you were right on time with your follow ups, doing a great job!

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ApeForLife’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

@ApeForLife has responded to our questions and has not provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion, this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

We have no further questions for @ApeForLife . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE