AIP-289: Designing a Mascot for Apecoin

Hi Annie!

The only issue I see is that you’re asking for too little money for the amazing work and amount of time and number of deliverables. Consider going for 2500.

:heart:

8 Likes

Hi Annie,

Annie supporter right here - was blown away by the idea, and actually wondered why it had not been thought of sooner - Annie for the Win!!!

I love the clear goals and timelines you’ve setout. They seem reasonable and each has a purpose.

I can see so many other directions this could go in once passed and I look forward to much more in the future.

Tl;dr - no-brainer LFG

5 Likes

Agree, I had to double take on that amount, but if it is doable within that budget that’s great ofc, but I do think this is possibly one of many AIPs to come (small series from Annie)? Not sure, but maybe that’s the way - complete one, or as it nears completion put forward another AIP for further funding - etc etc as forever apes did.

3 Likes

@Sasha @furiousanger
Thank you guys <3
You’re too kind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Before this phase comes to an end I will submit a hopefully more realistic budget. Need to think through the entire process and write down the number of hours I might actually need with enough buffer incase I need to remake something completely.

To be honest I have never made a professional mascot style guide for example. I’ve seen some before, just might take a bit longer than it does for someone who does this all the time.
All the communities I have made mascots for were happy and satisfied with just the emotes/stickers. But this time I want to do this right!

Bear with me :sweat_smile:
I got this, though! I love the challenge :saluting_face:

And in the end if everything went smoothly, I can always add a few more illustrations or stickers on the house.

8 Likes

BUDGET BREAKDOWN

Average hourly rate of $40

• Brand and market research and evaluating community feedback to ensure that the mascot embodies the brand and DAO perfectly
    (7-8h) = $300

• Sketches of variations and alternatives to choose from incl. process of gathering references and inspiration
    (8-10h) = $400

• Final detailed mascot character sheet incl. front, back, and side view
    (8-10h) = $400

• 15 discord Stickers
    ($40 each incl discount) = $600

• Telegram sticker set
    ($10 per sticker) = $150

• 10 illustrations to use for graphics, guides etc
    ($100 half body, $280 full body) = $1900

• 3D model (in collaboration) = $500

• Mascot guide (incl. character sheet, facial expressions and poses, color guide, material, details, accessories and variations, personality description) and usage guidelines
    (10-15h) = $600

• Transfer of full IP ownership (incl. renunciation of profit share from merch etc. distributed by someone else) = $1500

= $5750 =~2500 ape

I kindly request 2500 Ape as my budget for this project.

9 Likes

Into it! Reminds me of the FOX Sports megatron mascot. Good luck!

2 Likes

I have already congratulated you on discord for your drawing which is very beautiful.
I hope that the proposal passes even if the price is a bit high.

1 Like

I really do like it! Great job!

1 Like

Annie , I have mad respect for your work and the budget you are requesting are pretty reasonable and justifiable based on the work I have seen from your submission

1 Like

Thank you :heart::saluting_face:
I’m blown away by all the positive feedback so far.

Lets do this :star2:

3 Likes

HMU if you need a 3D artist, $500 is a bit low compared to all the 2D you’ve placed but ready to compromise for the DAO hehe

Thanks but I already got an artist :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s clear that the community has shown great enthusiasm for your design, and I believe a mascot would be a fantastic addition to the Apecoin DAO. I think you are best person for this job.

5 Likes

Hi @AnnieRawrz,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

3 Likes

Amazing AIP, Your Apekin design is adorable and creative. I fully support your AIP and I look forward to seeing the final result. :blush:

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea. Gives the DAO a little more “life” that will be recognizable throughout the space. Interested to see how this plays out.

2 Likes

Hi @AnnieRawrz,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @AnnieRawrz please see your messages for the next steps.

-Chris

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I really enjoy the idea of having a mascot. Something beyond the logo that helps represent Apecoin DAO.

This mascot does give off a “Tom” from Toonami vibe though.

1 Like