AIP-306: ApeCoin Price Tracking Bot

Proposal Name: ApeCoin Price Tracking Bot

Proposal Category: Information

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

This project proposes the development of a Discord bot dedicated to real-time tracking of ApeCoin prices. In addition to providing information on the current price, daily, monthly, and annual percentage changes, trading volume, market capitalization, and changes from the all-time high price, the bot is also capable of generating comparative charts between ApeCoin and Ethereum over a seven-day period.

Author Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of yourself

I’m a front-end programmer and final semester Computer Science student, currently working on school management applications and a social assistance project registration system for my local city hall. In my daily work, I create solutions for schools and am developing an app to generate service certificates for teachers.This is my github link with the projects I’ve worked on:

Team Description (mandatory if the AIP is requesting funds) | A brief background of your team involved, if any

I’m working alone on this project

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

The motivation for having a bot on Discord that displays the APE coin price and provides comparative charts is primarily driven by the desire for ease of access, efficiency, and accuracy in investment decision-making.

In the fast-paced world of cryptocurrencies, real-time information is crucial. With a bot on Discord, users have immediate access to these valuable insights, without the need to switch between multiple platforms or websites. This saves time and avoids delays that could result in missed opportunities.

In the end, the primary motivation is to provide users with the necessary tools to make informed and opportunistic investment decisions in the volatile cryptocurrency market. Each feature that improves accessibility, understanding, and reaction speed to data is a valuable asset for traders and investors.

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

The project is aligned with the values ​​of APECoin, among others, mainly the values ​​of equality and transparency, as all members of the discord can have access to it and the information is made available in a transparent way to all members, in addition to being a source secure as data is provided by coingeeko.

Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem | Explain how your proposal will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem. If your AIP is requesting funding, explain in detail the benefit in relation to the amount of funding that you are requesting.

A bot on Discord that displays the prices of APE coin, and creates comparative charts with other currencies can bring various benefits to Ape coin community. Here are some of the potential benefits:

• Immediate access to information: With a bot, we won’t need to leave Discord or open another tab to check APE coin price. You’ll have access to this information directly on Discord, which makes real-time price monitoring more convenient.

• Useful visual comparisons: Comparison charts can help visualize APE coin performance with Ethereum more effectively than just numbers. This can help in making investment decisions.

• Updated and reliable information: In a volatile market like cryptocurrency, having the most recent information can be crucial for investment decision-making. With a bot, we can be sure that you are getting the Updated and reliable (because the data comes from the API provided by coingecko) information possible.

• Efficiency: Having all this information in one place, and easily accessible, can significantly increase the efficiency of your trading or investment analysis.

• Community: The bot can be a valuable resource for your community, offering additional value to your members and encouraging more interaction.

Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.

Enter key terms

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

The bot is constructed using a combination of cutting-edge technologies and platforms, ensuring efficient operation and seamless integration into the Discord environment:

1. JavaScript: The bot’s primary programming language. JavaScript’s event-driven, functional, and imperative programming features make it an excellent choice for creating interactive bots.
  2. Node.js: A cross-platform, open-source, back-end JavaScript runtime environment that executes JavaScript code outside a web browser. Node.js is used for running the bot’s server-side operations.
  3. Chart.js: A JavaScript library used for creating graphical representations of data. It’s utilized in the bot to generate comparative charts between ApeCoin and Ethereum over a seven-day period.
  4. CoinGecko API: This application programming interface provides up-to-date cryptocurrency data. The bot uses this API to fetch the real-time ApeCoin prices and other related information.
  5. Squarecloud: A web service specialized in hosting Discord bots. It provides the infrastructure necessary for the bot to operate smoothly within the ApeCoin Discord server.

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

With the project files follow the step by step below to get it working on discord:

1)Setting up a bot application: Setting up a bot application | discord.js Guide

1. Adding your bot to server: Adding your bot to servers | discord.js Guide

2. After following the steps above, inside the bot files, in the config.json file, add the tokens as shown in the image below:
    Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 19.04.52

3. Access the website https://squarecloud.app/, upload the files, choose the Node.js option (if required) and in the console tab, click on the run option and the bot will be online 24/7 at no cost.

4. Below are some servers that are free options for hosting the Bot:

a)pylexnodes.net

b)render.com

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

Here is estimated timeline for the project of ApeCoin Price Tracking Bot:

• Start Date (Already Commenced): The development of the bot has already begun using JavaScript, Node.js, Chart.js, and the CoinGecko API. It’s currently hosted on the Squarecloud web service.

• Testing and Debugging (1 Weeks from Start Date): This phase involves rigorous testing of the bot’s functionalities, ensuring it can effectively fetch real-time data from CoinGecko API, generate charts, and interact smoothly with the Discord environment.

• Alpha Release (2 Weeks from Start Date): A version of the bot will be released to a small group of users for alpha testing. Feedback will be collected and any additional bugs that were not caught during the initial testing phase will be fixed.

• Beta Release (3 Weeks from Start Date): A more refined version of the bot will be released to a larger group of users for beta testing. This version will include fixes for bugs identified during the alpha testing.

• Ongoing Maintenance and Updates (Continual after Release): After the bot is launched, there will be ongoing maintenance to ensure its smooth functioning. Regular updates will be implemented based on user feedback and changes in market trends or the CoinGecko API.

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.

this bot has no costs because it is hosted on a free version of the squarecloud server, it is enough to meet your needs

7 Likes

Hi @mauricioLonder

I like this idea but before going ahead, can you say something about your background, what you do, did you propose any other AIP ideas before this (for someone like me who’s unable to go through all the AIPs), is there any funding required for this, where will the bot be deployed, on a social media platform or on its own.

That’s what are my queries but you can wait for more inputs from others before responding.

Thank you

2 Likes

He is new here; and this is his first AIP idea.

Good questions btw.

2 Likes

if so, welcome @mauricioLonder! :clinking_glasses:

Incredible project @mauricioLonder. @KellyCypher shared a similar idea on the discord server, It would be fantastic if you two connected and engaged in some knowledge sharing. Regarding the rollout, I’m curious to know where we can access the ApeCoin tracking bot. Will it be available on a website, within Discord, or as a standalone app?
2. Can we access historical price data beyond the one-week window? It would be helpful to view ApeCoin’s price trends over longer periods, such as a month or even a year.
3. Finally can I set up price alerts to get notified when ApeCoin reaches a specific price point?
Your project is impressive, and I can’t wait to see it in action. Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Hello @srinigoes

Thank you for your interest in my project and for your questions. Bellow i share more about myself and the project.

1. My Background: I am a front-end programmer currently in my final semester of Computer Science. I began my career in March 2021 and am currently working for the city hall of my town, developing school management applications and also a registration control system for a social assistance project. Alongside, I also work on several freelance projects.

2. What I do Currently: In my daily job, besides the administrative part, I manage and create solutions for the schools in the municipality. I’m currently working on developing an app that generates a certificate with all the years a teacher has worked, based on the data returned from a database.

3. Previous AIP Proposals: This is my first AIP proposal. I saw in it a great opportunity to enhance my skills and contribute to this community that I recently got to know.

4. Funding Requirement: At the moment, I believe we can utilize free web services to host the Discord bot. Some of them like Render, Pylexnodes, and Squarecloud may have limitations, but for the purpose of this project, they are sufficient. If we need more resources in the future, we can consider paid options.

5. Where will the bot be hosted: I plan to host the bot on the ApeCoin Discord server using the hosting services I mentioned above.

6. My Social Platform: I am active on Discord as mauriciolonder. In addition, you can follow my work on GitHub, connect with me on LinkedIn or find me on Facebook (Mauricio Dall Onder). Feel free to reach out to me at any time!

Once again, thank you for your interest and I look forward to receiving more feedback on the project.

Best regards,

9 Likes

Hey @mauricioLonder, Love your ApeCoin Price Tracking Bot idea. I had a similar one too, but you beat me to it :smile:. No hard feelings though, because I firmly believe that collaboration can spark magic. and with someone as talented as you leading the way, it’s hard not to get excited. I’d be thrilled to collaborate and make it even more user-friendly and powerful. Let’s create something remarkable together!

3 Likes

I really liked the idea, I think it would be great to have the bot easily accessible on discord to check the apecoin price and see price fluctuations and comparisons.

1 Like

@apboatt @KellyCypher Of course, I am willing to work together so that we can improve the idea, regarding apboatt’s doubts, I am using the coingeeko api, in the free version it offers a price history of up to 90 days. As for the price alert, a database is needed to retrieve this information. This functionality is not yet implemented in the bot, but it could be in the future, no doubt

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums Mauricio.

You already have a lot of fans on this idea so congrats.

Here’s a Grumpy take:

• Perhaps our legal counsel may suggest that the DAO not have a token price tracker residing within the DAO walls.

• ApeCoin price can be found in many dashboards on the internet and is it worth the risk of regulatory interest to have one on our platforms?

I don’t know the answers and I’m not even sure the admins or SC would even go down this road. Perhaps this will fly through without a question. Who knows.

Anyway, good luck.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Would be nice if you could add supply information.

1 Like

Thank you for that ser. I will keep that in mind for the future.

1 Like

Thank you for that response @mauricioLonder
You are definitely the right person to do this

1 Like

Very good idea, on our discord server it would be ideal to be able to analyze the price of the APE, in a very simple way.

2 Likes

This is great. Please use the AIP ideas/draft template and flesh out your idea so that you are familiar with the process. It will be easier once it is moved over to draft and finally to voting.

I think it’s a great idea, and you appear to have the skills to pull it off.

I think for the hosting, you should include the hosting service that you plan intend to use so that we’re aware of the limitations and options.

Also, since this will be hosted on the Discord server, if it passes, it makes sense that you hand over the setup and credentials to the DAO admins @Lost.Admin @Chris.Admin @12GAUGE.Admin who will be the ones to setup and admin it with your assistance. This should be included in the AIP to indicate that it would be handed over once completed.

2 Likes

congratulations for the bot, it will help a lot investors who want to enter the ape ecosystem, but do not understand market clicks and do not know how and when to buy

2 Likes

Hey GM and welcome @mauricioLonder
I proposed this idea in discord once and even made a custom bot for it, it told real time price as well. Also there are many existing bots and templates that give this very same feature, that too with simple few click integrations as well. What makes your bot unique?

3 Likes

Thanks for your question, in addition to showing the information about the ape, my bot is able to generate comparative graphs of the currency with other currencies only in a simple command, in addition it is able to generate the graph with price history, for now it is these features that it has but nothing prevents that in the future other functions, such as price alert are implemented

3 Likes

Like I said before, quite few bots exist like these, such as tip.cc here. How will you create a unique bot that will benefit the DAO?

4 Likes

Hello, regarding the question, I would like to clarify the following points:

1. I tested the bot that you mention in the image is an etherium bot that shows the evolution of the currency in a certain selected period. however the bot does not compare prices with other currencies
  2. They and also does not show the currency price in real time without needing a command for that.

The bot that I am implementing that has these features.

Thanks for the feedback and I’m at your disposal for further clarifications

9 Likes