AIP-316: Fantasy MMORPG Game - Powered Exclusively By ApeCoin

After speaking with several people about this, I have decided to move this trimmed AIP forward and so, I will be responding to the Ape Foundation questions sent to me yesterday regarding its implementation etc.

While I still believe that my original AIP was of more significant impact by way of community engagement, and less risky, I am going to split that original vision into multiple parts which will require additional AIPs down the road. It’s a lot riskier due to the young nature of the DAO, crypto regulations uncertainty in the coming months etc. But it is what it is.

The concepts below were part of the original AIP. I don’t want to complicate things by restoring them from the edits, so please follow the guidelines here to get more details (from the 2 ↔ 3 /8 diffs) about each item that no longer appears in the revised and trimmed AIP that is now AIP-316.

1 (AIP-316)

• Task: Use $APE as the exclusive game crypto token during the term of the license, and promote as an official crypto token for the game via marketing and in-game branding.
  • Term: 1 year (renewable upon request by Ape Foundation within 90 days of current term expiration). More info in AIP-316.
  • Dependencies: N/A
  • Cost: $300K (annual) + $200K (one-time) - in $APE

2 (AIP-TBD1)

• Task: Build in-game ApeLand continent /w bridge to main game continents; and also, for an additional per user cost, implement (with license permission from Yuga Labs & Animoca Brands) in-game 2D/3D playable character avatars for both brands. More info here
  • Term: N/A
  • Dependencies: AIP-316
  • Cost: $500K (one-time) + TBD one-time per user cost - in $APE

3 (AIP-TBD2)

• Task: Provision exclusive bare-metal game servers (12 clusters, x36 servers) for ApeCoin DAO and Mocaverse gamers. North America only. More info in “Server Notes” below.
  • Term: 1 year (renewable upon request by Ape Foundation within 90 days of current term expiration)
  • Dependencies: AIP-316, AIP-TBD3
  • Cost: $300K (annual) - in $APE

4 (AIP-TBD3)

• Task: Screen, hire and train (12-16 contractors) from the ApeCoin DAO & Mocaverse communities to act as Game Masters and CS exclusively for the ApeCoin DAO & Mocaverse community servers above. More info in diff 2 ↔ 3 /8
  • Term: 1 year (renewable based on AIP-TBD2)
  • Dependencies: AIP-316, AIP-TBD2
  • Cost: $350K (annual) - in $APE

3 servers = 1 cluster

1 cluster = 1 game server “set”

1 cluster can host 5,000 clients depending on config, and consists of a database, proxy, and game server.

Each cluster “talks” to another cluster that’s like the God of the land of servers. And they all have a failsafe fallover.

So, 36 servers is just 12 clusters hosting (12 x 5000 clients) = 60,000 players. That’s not even half of the ApeCoin token holders.

Please note that the AIPs are no longer based on a game license as was originally intended. Instead, they are now designed around what the community wants to do. So, if AIP-316 passes, that’s all that is currently needed for the game to support the token for the term listed. Nothing else.

All additional AIPs are optional and can be written up by anyone as-needed using my guidelines above. For example. If Asian game servers (as per AIP-TBD2) are required, the Asian community can write-up their AIP based on my guidelines above. And if it passes, the author(s) can contact me to discuss obtaining a license to operate (on their own servers, using their own team etc) the game in their territories. This is assumes no other such license exists for the desired territory, because once we sign licensing deals with third-parties for their territories, they will be exclusive to that party until the term expires.

A license to operate the game in any territory can be applied for by any interested parties and is subject to the standard contractual and KYC requirements.

The game is already fully localized; and the costs of implementing localized (text + art) content is paid for by the licensee in addition to the license fee.

2 Likes