AIP-317: ApeCoin DAO Governance and Operations Budget

Overall, great job on the proposal! I love the graphics and chart for the budget. It’s very clean and easy to read.

I’m looking forward to your response to @SmartAPE and @ssp1111. They asked some great questions. And @Halina.eth did as well. I do have some questions/comments also. Sorry there’s a lot, but there’s a lot in this proposal. And I see that you are going to be updating the proposal, so if some of my questions are no longer relevant, please ignore.

I very much appreciate you striving towards towards being the gold standard! Thank you for blazing the trail! I know it’s not easy!

• How do you plan to make the process transparent?
  • How will you be deciding which 3rd parties to use, especially in regards to the “right professional service providers and advisors” who mentor you?
  • Could you please clarify your plans for the Ape Assembly, how it will operate, and it’s structure since it seems as that is no longer being decided by the AA members and the Governance Stewards have put forth Enable DAO-Wide Voting to Elect Working Group Stewards which would take away most of it’s mandate?
  • How would the Ape Assembly improvement fund be utilized?

Love these! :clap:

While this is something I personally think the DAO should pursue, this seems like something a Treasury Working Group would do.

• What is the reasoning for having this go through the Governance Working Group?
  • While this is an interesting idea, could you explain why this would fall under the Governance Working Group to do? It seems like it should be it’s own AIP or fall under Marketing/Comms.
  • Could there end up being preferential treatment to NFT holders of certain collections? One Ape = One Ape
  • How is this different from what recently voted down AIP-247 was looking to do?

• How does the Marketing & Communications Working Group fit into this? While I love the look of your example, it does seem, like @ssp1111 mentioned, that it would be a Marketing/Comms deliverable, especially since they will be handling branding.

• How would you distinguish between an increase in traffic due to the mobile app vs. other activities? Especially since the Marketing/Comms Working Group should be up an running before the OKR is measured, and other initiatives and community members also drive traffic there.
  • What types of actionable insights will this group be putting forth?
  • How will it be decided who is in these seats?
  • How will it be decided who’s seats are going to be rotated? Rotation of at least 50% of the seats every two months seems too fast and that it’ll be hard for that group to have productive conversations or get anything accomplished with that high of turnover so frequently

Thanks for all your hard work on this! I look forward to your reply.

7 Likes