AIP-331: Apecoin DAO Logo usage permission: ApeFest 2023: Hong Kong- Geolocation locked AR Experience

Proposal Name: ApeFest 2023 AR Filters
Proposal Category: Brand Decision

Abstract: Permission to use Apecoin DAO logo to create AR monuments and statues in AR set in Hong Kong for Apefest 2023.

Motivation: Web3 and blockchain are emerging tech in a step towards DeFi and in terms of Art, going forward with NFTs, AR experience are the new emerging tech for experiences to be used across different mediums.
People attending ApeFest 2023 can experience Apecoin DAO inspired AR structures all across the venue without the need to download anything, just using a link that is geolocation locked, meaning the artwork will only be viewed in a specific location; i.e Hong Kong.
This will be a whole different experience for people to witness using spatial technology.

Rationale: Spreading the culture of Apecoin DAO being bold, creating experience in art and entertainment and events. This is a festival of culture that is happening for the 2nd time and in a whole different continent where art and culture differs and will act as a new experience for people in a different world; i.e Spatial AR.

Benefit to Apecoin DAO: Expanding the culture of Apecoin and the Apefest in AR. A new experience which is still in testing phase by Adobe. Approving this AIP will also show the people outside that the DAO actually approves not just funds but things related to community building and creative ideas.

Key Terms:

AR : Augmented Reality is an enhance and interactive version of a real world environment created by digital visual elements, sound and other stimuli via holographic technology. AR delivers visual elements, sound and other sensory information to the user through a device like a smartphone or glasses. This information is overlaid onto the device to create an interwoven experience where digital information alters the user’s perception of the real world.

Spatial AR : Augmenting real world objects and scenes without the use of special displays such as monitors, glasses etc. Spatial AR uses digital projectors to display graphical info on physical objects.

Geolocation locked AR : My plan is to limit the AR structure I’ll be creating with the permission to use the logo. The limit being the structures locked to a specific geolocation; meaning it can only be viewed if the individual is in that specific location. If you happen to be on the other side of the world, or even few streets away from Apefest and you open the link for artworks, it will simply ask you to set up GPS in order to travel to the specific place. Assume this as good old Pokemon Go gameplay where the rare pokemons were only limited to a specific place during special events.

Specifications : Once the DAO approve the use of Apecoin logo, I’ll create series of 3D models inspired by a mix of Apecoin and the rich culture of HKG, starting from concepts and then finally building the 3D models.
Platform: Adobe Aero
Softwares: Procreate - Adobe Photoshop - Autodesk Maya - Adobe Substance 3D Painter - Marmoset Toolbag - Adobe Aero

Steps to Implement:

#1. The DAO approves usage of Apecoin logo to be used by me, Evil aka Jatin Pathi
#2. 2D concepts created
#3. 3D structures build
#4. Partner with local communities and friends showcasing BAYCs, MAYCs, Punks and Meebs floating across the Hong Kong skyline in AR.
#5. AR structures implemented in the physical location
$6. Test run by friends and interested individuals from the location

Team : Only 1 person- I, Evil aka Jatin Pathi
Cost: $0

I would like to request the Ape Foundation to share and promote the AR experience via Apecoin twitter page ( Link of the AR experience ) after testing to see if its safe to use for people and have no malicious intent, so that everyone can have a trusted link to open while attending ApeFest 2023.
This is so that more number of people can know about it and use it.

Timeline:
I’m working on the AR experience nonetheless, have tested it out in Hong Kong already and one test model is in Miami, in front of the Design District. Once the proposal is approved, I will model structure strictly based on Apecoin logo before the fest starts.

Overall Cost: ZERO

2 Likes

Hi @Evil,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Gm Lost! Got feedback outside the forums and also got to know about an upcoming AIP that would help people like me asking for permission about the usage. So far so good, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Evil,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Evil please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

The AIP Draft submitted is currently incomplete and feedback has been provided to the author.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Thank you,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

@Evil has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

@Evil has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

1 Like