AIP-398: ApeCoin Rewards App

I’d added detail on the benefits for MADE BY APES license holders. The platform will exposure to these project and their products and services and build an eco system for MADE BY APES to reach their target audience and beyond.

1 Like

Could you possibly give an estimate based on past & ongoing returns enjoyed by your other clients? Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for the question. In this case, it’s difficult to measure as I believe it would only be fair to offer Made By Apes free marketing/advertising. Other revenues are derived from affiliate partnerships (I have a long history of building these, as I started and was CEO of Awin.com for 12 years). Partners are looking for new avenues to market, rather than cannibalizing the sales they would achieve without offering a commission, and an ApeCoin app is a strong candidate for generating new sales for partners as it’s a “closed” community. It’s very difficult to estimate as it depends on the number of platform users, but an example of commission earned from advertising would be to partner with Nike (Awin is their exclusive affiliate partner worldwide) and generate a top tier commission of 10% commission on basket totals. With an average basket value of $80-$100, this would generate $8-$10, 50% of which would go back to the DAO. Why would Nike work with us? Well, they are always looking for new partners that generate new sales in closed groups, and of course, I’m very close to the team at Awin, who will assist in approving the partnership. There are over 700 retailers that also offer commission on the Awin network alone, which can be strategically approached.

We of course will look at every viable partnership to build strong relationships.

Come back to me if you have any more questions.

2 Likes

I like the idea. Seems realistic and valuable to me. Go on @KBreez :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Phantomblot. Appreciate you taking the time to read through the proposal.

Hi @KBreez,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in roughly 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

Thanks for the positive feedback all.
I’ve updated the AIP draft to include missing information and to answer questions I’ve been asked, and I’m ready to move this to the next stage as a formal AIP Draft.

Thanks all, and I hope together we can make this happen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@KBreez has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 398.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @KBreez’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

@KBreez has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

@KBreez has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the steps and elaborate on how it is expected to work.

Although not at all essential, it would be helpful and beneficial to have a point of contact within the Ape Foundation to talk with to benefit the foundation and app and to help and advise on the direction of the app content. Promoting the App to users via shared social media posts would be helpful but isn’t essential as Made By Ape licensees are incentivised to push people into that platform as this will benefit the whole ecosystem of the app.

2. Please revise your Steps to Implement and Timeline section. As specified by the AIP Draft Template, outline the steps to implement your proposal, including the associated costs, key performance indicators, personnel requirements, any expectations of the Ape Foundation, and other resources needed for each step where applicable.

The platform is provided by my company FanCircles so there is no development as such to do. FanCircles is a SaaS model and runs over 70 apps for different clients from music artists to company “Intranet” apps. Each app has various features switched on or off depending on the scenario.

The costs of running the platform are split between the licensing, hosting & upkeep of the platform as both IOS and Android native apps as well as the webapp, and the resources required internally to source and maintain a content schedule within the app. This would include sourcing affiliate offers from major brands and most importantly supporting the Made By Apes brands by sourcing offers and promotional media from them to offer to app users.

3. What are the key performance indicators which have been identified for your project?

There’s a growing number of Made By Ape licensees who need exposure and in return can offer exposure to the app. It’s in their interest to promote the app as a place to view exclusive offers from them as well as other licensees. This creates wide reach via social media marketing from Made By Apes licensees to onboard as many ape holders as possible. We think Made By Apes is the backbone for this AIP and makes viral marketing possible and effective with no costs. To be clear, the platform offers a marketing platform for brands without replacing their current sales channels - It complements them.

4. Have you secured any advance partnerships with retailers, MADE BY APES licensees, and/or event organizers who would be leveraging your app?

I’ve personally reached out to a number of licensees and the one issue they share is their reach. To extend their reach without costs to them is something they would be open to. The next stage would be to talk more formally to each of them. It would be useful to be able to access the contact emails of each licensee, if that is something you can help with, otherwise each can be contacted via their sites and Twitter. I have a list of their Twitter handles.

5. Do you have any estimated costs for users to use the platform’s features, or any premium features?

There’s no cost for users to use any feature of the app. The app is free to use and has the ability to gate content and rooms (Discord call them channels) via integration with WalletConnect.

6. Since your app would require token holders to connect wallets, what are the plans for security audits of the app?

For users to use the app they firstly register for an account with their email via the webapp hosted on a subdomain at apeapp.community.direct or similar. After this they connect their wallets by signing. There are no transactional authorisations required. On using the mobile apps the user will login and there is no need for further signing. The status of the user is maintained with their email account on the platform and checked every 24 hours. If the user no longer holds the required NFT/Token they will be downgraded to a standard user.

7. Would your expectation be to keep complete ownership of content produced from this proposal?

The content would not be owned by us, it would be licensed to us for use in the app, during the term of contract. For example if Bored and Hungry wanted to offer a discount code/QR code for Token holders this would simply be used in the app for the purposes of promoting their brand. Users also have the ability to post their comments, pictures and videos: This content would be licensed for use in the app when uploaded as per the terms of using the app which are available here: Platform User Agreement

8. Do your offerings comply with the most recent guidelines concerning Web3 apps on the App Store and Google Play?

As of August 2022 Apple and Google both stopped NFTs from unlocking features and benefits in app. There are no stipulations for users who connect outside of the mobile app, hence, we validate wallets via the web app and not within the mobile app. (For clarity, this is how gated channels work on Discord). There are also no stipulations on “airdropping” users NFTs/Tokens. The rules established by Apple and Google aim to prevent practices like NFTs unlocking game benefits, which could circumvent Apple’s so-called ‘Apple Tax’ of 30%.

9. Your proposal requests funding for 12 months of operational expenses. Will the project require another funding request after this period in order to maintain operations?

The project has an ongoing cost of £20,000 per month. There is scope for sponsors to cover this cost be that the continuation by the foundation, Horizon, Arbitrum as examples. We would hold conversations with potential outside sponsors but of course check with the foundation as to if they are appropriate for a partnership.

10. Do you provide consent to apply updates to the relevant areas of your proposal based on your responses to the questions above?

Of course.

11. Do you provide consent to share these questions and answers with the community in this forum?

Of course.

Edits have been made to this Topic, select the pencil icon to view these edits.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

The concept resonates, offering practicality and worth. Please elaborate further; I find it promising and insightful.

4 Likes

Thanks and appreciated. Fire away with any questions you have. I’m at NFT Paris at the moment so you (or anyone) wants to talk in person please free to message me.

1 Like

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

We have no further questions for @KBreez. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

I like the concept, and it should start a flywheel to increase APE use cases for a broader range of consumers. Nice work @KBreez!

1 Like

Thanks @PhishFood. I believe the same and we have a lot of experience in running community reward platforms. This isn’t a new product it’s build on top of my company FanCircles.com which is already running apps.

4 Likes

The idea holds strong appeal, providing practical value and significance. I find it both promising and enlightening.:fire:

4 Likes