AIP-413: Hire a Head of Network Development at the APE Foundation

This proposal is live for vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes 13 days from now at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

I’m not an expert on the matter, but ‘I think’ as soon as the concept of ‘introducing an executive type role’ comes into play, then the entire DAO goes into a category in numerous legislations that is no longer protected by DAO type legalese and immunities.

I like the thought subject this proposal brings up, and I support exploring where and how to increase efficiencies and deliver more value. I think we would all do well to look at how to increase efficiencies and keep on track with the mission.

1 Like

Not as a direct employee of the Foundation, but some more integrated structure across the WGs. Instead of having multiple disparate legal entities serve as service providers to the DAO, should there be a single one that we can staff and operate based on needs within a budget approved by the DAO.

Understand this is no small feat and would require a lot of work, but just trying to think through more efficient and effective operating models.

2 Likes

That’s outside of my expertise, I’d need to consult with legal team(s) on that one for sure. Getting the legal structures correct is just so critically important for long-term sustenance of the DAO

Good question though! I’m curious to find out the answers too

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been approved.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

-@Facilitators