AIP-509: Raising awareness of Ape coin and its ease of use at Traditional Finance Events

So, the goal is to get the cart out events and promote $APE via a $5 giveaway, and to teach people how to purchase $APE on a recurring basis using CB, correct?

Yes, in a nutshell. That’s the plan, we’ll do events over a five year period to align with our other business goals.

There’s no almost; it has always been down - and to the tune of 97.5% from the ATH. And if you bought $ape at any moment in time after May 17, 2022, it’s been all the way down, and the price “pop-ups” have yet to breach a 0.82 threshold. Which means that even those who were buying from that point in time either got out even or they made minor gains if they bought and held for an avg of about 19D.

Long story short, it’s a deflationary token currently with zero utility (staking isn’t that); and so, there’s no reason to buy and hold it unless and until it has “sticky” utility. Which is why if ApeChain fails to yield the expected results, it’s game over. Boom! The End. Start again.

1 Like

Well tbf, he did come in at $245K which is less than the $250K required for a 69% voting threshold.

Yeah the costs are deeply unserious. $100k for training materials… Sigh.

Please remember this includes the $5 of APE gifted to those using the booth and the costs cover a five year period. I will take this onboard and will consider adjusting the time period to two years with a review, cutting the costs by c.60%.

In the final proposal, I wil break this down, I can appreciate your concerns.

Current charts and your price predictions are based on the token’s limited / zero utility. This is changing with other AIPs, builders, and Project Dragon coming online, so there is hope for an improved outlook during the next AltCoin Bull market. If Yuga delivers on its promises, things will improve, and there is much to be optimistic about.

There is still an active community behind this token, which often helps recovery. The key to this proposal is to attract new users, engage them, educate them, and create network transactions.

1 Like

The costs cover a sixty month period and we did not expect the costs of the stand equipment to be met by the DAO, the design wrap, event stand space (which I have put in with Training Materials) and the $5 of $APE per user, any updates to materials and reprints to feature changes based upon AIPs and Yuga announcements.

Yeah, I was going to ask if it would be possible to just create a video tutorial that can be used over and over again.

I do love the car though. And I love the idea of giving out free kambucha/coffee to get folks to talk about ApeCoin at conferences where people would be interested in crypto.

1 Like

we have worked on the theory that the content will need updating every quarter based on Yuga/AIPs being approved. Ideally, we will look to signpost to other MBAs and purchase content from them, reducing costs and helping to support the wider ecosystem.

The issue here from my perspective is the scale of impact vs. the implied costs of doing things this way.

So I actually have in the past made 2 videos focused on BAYC. I think they’re two of the best performing videos out there on the subject. (I’ve since made both private because Yuga rugged the 10KTF shoes and refuses to refund. Refund me my $800, Garga. Refund me.)

But back on topic!

The combined view count of these two videos was 379,611. Pretty good. I had many message me years ago during that timeline about how they saw the videos and purchased apes as a result. They could have sold those apes for 6 figures in profit if they purchased at that time and sold well. Nice.

In total, let’s be very generous and say I spent a total of 6 hours making those two videos. Let’s also be generous and say that my time making videos is worth $250 / hour. So that’s $1,500. Now let’s add in the $50 I spent on a month’s subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud to edit the videos, make the thumbnails. Yada yada.

So, total cost is $1,550. That’s $0.004 per view.

All this to say, I think there are far far more efficient ways to get to the end goal that won’t cost $245,000. Sure is interesting how that amount is just a tiny bit less than the barrier for a required 69% voting threshold.

Also no, for any cost, I will not make videos promoting $APE, so I am not attempting to promote my own services here.

Thank you for your comments. Just to remind you, the original plan was for a five-year period. When I initially designed this plan, I carefully aligned it with our wider goals and business plan, which I now realize was an error.

I have decided to adjust it to a two-year plan and reduce the costs accordingly. It’s not just the costs of the videos, it’s the physical wraps, the printed graphics for the stand and of course the $APE we plan to gift.

We have already funded or have funding committed for the vehicles and the stand costs, I saw an opportunity to help support a community that I care about and thus, came up with this plan.

You also make a very good point, that I should have broken down the costs further for the end phase of the AIP. I acknowledge that this was my mistake and am committed to amending it in the final draft to a two-year plan.

Where did the MBA’s come in? There will be digital signs on the cart?

I want everyone to reach their dreams my guy. Always.

But you have to figure out how to better convey your dream here. There is a lot of confusion.

And it might just be me. I am dumb. I accept that.

But that means you need to be able to explain it in a way that someone like me understands.

Because I promise you, I am NOT the only dumb ape in web3.

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t think you are dumb at all. I will explain that we will have a monitor on the events stand. Again, this will be made clearer, and I’ll include a mock-up image of the floor plan for the stand.

Again, more learnings for the final draft, I guess that’s why we have this process.

1 Like

APE_U was created specifically to help with proposals like this.

3 Likes

Appreciate you taking the feedback on board and staying open minded. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

APE_U has been super helpful for me personally. I really recommend folks to apply for it. A whole lot of great info.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback and I would agree that perhaps I should not have aligned our five year plan with a DAO grant application.

I have since sat down and put together an outline of a revised 12 month proof of concept plan and subject to milestones being hit, extensions could be made.

Please see the updated screenshot for those who dislike clicking links.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ApedLate’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like