AIP-509: Raising awareness of Ape coin and its ease of use at Traditional Finance Events

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ApedLate has responded to our questions and has shared them in this forum for the community in the form of an AIP update. Each of the following responses have been added to the AIP as requested by the author.

Click to expand Q&A with @ApedLate

1. Please revise your Overall Cost section, as specified by the AIP Draft Template:

• Include a more detailed breakdown of the budget, specifically “Training Materials and Videos” and “Management costs, reporting and events.”
  • Include any additional requests that are directed towards the APE Foundation, especially concerning the community discussion platforms, website, or Snapshot.

[Overall Cost section revised to include cost breakdown spreadsheet]

2. Are there any specific events you would be looking to establish a presence at?

Key Events for Ape Kart (Year One)

Accountex (Accountex.co,.uk)

We chose this London-based event due to the expected attendance numbers. They are currently predicting eleven thousand attendees. We also believe that the event counts towards CPD (16 hours), thus ensuring the attendees will remain at the venue to ensure full CPD credit.

UK FinTech Week (UK FinTech Week 2025 - Innovate Finance – The Voice of Global FinTech)

We plan to attend UK FinTech Week to add legitimacy to Ape Coin and the broader ecosystem. The attendance of the HM Treasury, the City of London, and the Department of Business and Trade will help support the idea of crypto as a mainstream financial offering.

Private Credit Connect (Private Credit Connect: London)

We plan to attend this event based on the audience’s openness to alternative investments and loans. In our specific case, we felt this lends itself to crypto and Ape Coin.

Christmas Fair (or similar)

We plan to attend our local Christmas Markets as seeing crypto normalised is vital for broader adoption; it’s also a novel gift for a family member during the holiday period.

3. Since your proposal would require novice token holders to create wallets, what are the plans for security education regarding safe creation, storage and maintenance of private keys?

With regards to the training materials produced, we will create a Gitbook, apply an ISBN before making it open source to the wider $APE ecosystem. We will concentrate on explaining the fundamentals of web3 and signpost to other Ape projects for more detailed training.

For example;

We would explain the importance of keeping your seed phrase and keys safe before signposting the new user to Bored Security. Our ideal solution is that the Ape Kart becomes a funnel for several other Ape Coin funded/Ape owned businesses.

4. Do you have plans to protect any collected user data? Please elaborate.

As a business in 2024, we recognise the paramount importance of maintaining a secure customer database that is fully compliant with data protection, FCA , and GDPR legislation. To ensure this, we plan to use mailchimp.com to manage our signup databases, thereby capturing and managing key information correctly. This approach will also enable Ape Kart to establish relationships with new holders and potentially refer (with consent) users to other Ape-funded businesses.

5. Regarding any granted permission to use ApeCoin trademarks by the Ape Foundation, do you expect to maintain full ownership rights to the content and/or IP which may be created as a result of the approval of your proposal?

The Ape Kart will use Mutant Ape #4455 and Bored Ape Kennel Club Dog #5503, owned by Jonathan Pullinger (sandero.eth); we will not use any BAYC fonts or the skull logo on any branding or merchandise (cups). We will seek permission to use the official Ape Coin logo on our payment board and wrap. If rejected, we will use a different font / colour scheme.

6. Given the costs involved in your proposal, the APE Foundation would most likely establish fund disbursement in tranches should your AIP be accepted. In what amounts and on what schedule would you propose these tranched payouts be delivered?

One of the crucial discussions that arose during my consultation process was the distribution of $APE. We considered the option of releasing it in phases, a move that would protect the treasury and increase the chances of approval for AIP-509. I fully grasp the concerns and have worked closely with the team, ensuring that everyone’s perspectives are considered when developing a tranche release schedule. This collaborative effort ensures that all stakeholders are involved in the decision-making process, making the proposal more inclusive and effective.

The initial payment of $18,340.07 would be made in $APE (25,046.6201 at the time of writing). This will allow the additional costs of the proposal to be met and ensure the business makes it to at least one event to generate $APE awareness and sign-ups.

Milestone One: 643 new user wallets.

We would anticipate over the first major three-day event to hit/exceed 643 new wallets; a new wallet would also contain at least one transaction (the receipt of $5 in $APE) and ideally a minimum of two transactions as we hope they’ll use those tokens to purchase a nice warm coffee or a cold Kombucha from the kart. Unlocking our second tranche of funding of $13,483.60 to be paid again in $APE (18,471 $APE at the time of writing).

Milestone Two: 788 new user wallets.

As the business grows, we attend events focused on $APE and traditional events (for example, game fairs, festivals, etc). We expect to onboard a further 788 new wallets. We would unlock our third tranche of funding, $20,936.22, upon achieving this. Again, this would be paid in $APE (28,680 $APE at the time of writing).

Milestone Three: 1183 additional new user wallets.

When the kart achieves this number, we will discuss a twelve-month extension for our Ape Kart programme.

7. Do you provide consent to apply updates to the relevant areas of your proposal based on your responses to the questions above?

[AIP has been updated according to shared public document provided by the author]

8. Do you provide consent to share these questions and answers with the community in this forum?

[See response to Question #7]

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

I have just secured the following;

ApeKart.xyz and “x.com

We have now created an Event P/L calculator to help ensure all events booked are properly evaluated before booking and the data will then be compared to total sales.

This will improve future event planning and the benefits for the DAO.

Just a suggestion:

Your messaging on those tweets is extremely negative. Reframe it to focus on the positive. You aren’t likely to get support from apes by essentially insulting them. The way you framed this is extra concerning as this is essentially a marketing AIP, and yet you’re going against some pretty foundational principles of what successful marketing looks like.

1 Like

I’ll revisit it. The idea was to take from the feedback from our findings, it wasn’t meant to appear negative but a fair reflection of the information received and the reason for the plan. Although, I take your point onboard and will look at it again.

While we all accept that crypto is like any other investment, it can go down as well as up. At ApeCoin, we have spent too long congratulating ourselves for minting a jpeg several years ago or buying one for b----- (forum censors this word for whatever reason) all & gifted life-changing money.

This entire opening statement reads as an insult to apes from my POV. It’s also a bit detached from the current reality, as most of the early apes sold long, long ago. They’re onto the next thing. Apecoin is down over 95% from ATH. People aren’t celebrating this. I don’t understand why that entire tweet was made. It reads to me as if it’s coming from a place of jealousy, not a desire to help or improve.

Instead, focus on how you want to make things better. E.g. “We think it’s important for people to know that they don’t need an ape to participate in the ApeCoin ecosystem. So we’re working hard to develop a plan to…”

Thank you for the feedback, I will sit down and read this properly post Token 2049 and respond. I really appreciate members taking the time to help improve my plan for the betterment of Ape and ApeChain. I, like everyone here, want it to be more successful.

1 Like