AIP-66: ApeCoin Newsletter - follow the link provided to read the full AIP
The main purpose of the ApeCoin Newsletter is to help the community develop trusted sources of information from decentralized channels and provide benefits beyond a single information source. The Ape Foundation will provide funding to ad hoc channels across the internet and/or individuals to run the ApeCoin Newsletter. The nominates will be able to expand their reach and have dedicated resources to spreading the ApeCoin ecosystem and DAO news.
It should be an aggregation of ApeCoin specific ecosystem news, AIPs, conversations, opportunities, and content sourced from Discourse, Discord, Twitter, and other internet destinations. The newsletter should promote and educate all things related to the ApeCoin DAO.
The ApeCoin DAO is looking for team players, and people who have lots of passion for Web3 and its trends like DAOs, NFTs, Cryptocurrency, gaming, etc. Is that you? Then keep reading.
Criteria: Each month will be two newsletters distributed to their subscribers. The Ape Foundation will validate every month that the persons / teams have sent two newsletters.
Teams can nominate themselves on this thread to take on the project.
- Comment below if you wish to be nominated, and;
- Include a link to any social media or communication channels you currently operate and how big your follower base is;
- This Topic automatically closes in two weeks. Make sure to sign up before July 22nd at 2 pm Eastern Time.
After the topic closes on July 22nd at 2 pm Eastern Time, the Administrators will select the top 3 nominations using the following criteria:
- How many likes your comment has by users that have been on Discourse for longer than 5 days from the day this topic was posted;
- In case of a tie, the persons / teams with the largest follower base across the communication channels they operate, and for which they provided the link for on this nomination thread, will be selected.
The persons / teams selected to participate in the Newsletter will be subject to agreeing to an ApeCoin Grant Agreement.
For each persons / teams that are selected, the ApeCoin Foundation will send 400 ApeCoin per month over the course of one year, every month two newsletters (every other week).
- Creating copy and content newsletters
- Researching Web3-related topics and writing clear copy to inform the ApeCoin DAO
- Identify content gaps and recommend new topics and types of content to the Newsletter’s subscribers.
- Create content ideas and turn them into dynamic, inspirational words that get our members excited so that it helps create awareness and builds our clients’ business
- Edit/proofread copy
- The persons / teams implementing this AIP would need a platform to collect email addresses and distribute a branded newsletter. Some platforms they could use are Substack, Ghost, MailChimp, or something similar.
- It would be cool if the chosen persons / teams could implement some functionality whereby subscribers would be required to sign a message (WalletConnect, MetaMask) with an address that has at least one ApeCoin in it.
After this topic closes, and the nominees have been verified and validated, a new post will be created on Discourse to announce the nominated persons / teams who will be in charge of the newsletter.