We propose that ApeCoin DAO launches Otherside on an Avalanche Subnet to support Otherside’s future community growth through rapid transaction processing, higher throughput, greater ability to scale and lower gas fees.
The ApeCoin Community needs a blockchain that can ensure Otherside is a smooth, low-fee experience driven by the APE token.
Avalanche Subnets deliver the necessary speed, security, low fees, and customizability for the ApeCoin community to future-proof its infrastructure for its millions of community members. Ava Labs team will provide technical support and expertise to ensure a seamless transition.
Ava Labs is helping the most ambitious teams in crypto build subnets for hundreds of applications. For example, Wildlife Studios, one of the world’s top 10 mobile gaming studios, is building a subnet along with other well-known brands in the metaverse and gaming industries. The ApeCoin community deserves the best underlying technology and engineering support the Web3 space has to offer. We invite you to build with us.
An ApeCoin Subnet would dramatically increase speed to finality while reducing gas fees, enabling a better user experience for the Otherside metaverse, both during normal operation and for activities like the OtherDeeds mint.
- Avalanche has a global community with 1.18M+ Twitter followers across all accounts, 46,900+ Discord members, and 19 global Telegram groups with 107K+ Members. Bridging our communities together will provide unity in Web3 through education, expansion, and support.
- Avalanche has proven itself to be one of the most adopted, scalable, and reliable layer 1 networks with close to 100% historical uptime. Sub-second finality guarantees that transaction settlement occurs instantaneously on the network, without the downtime or chain reorgs seen on other networks.
- Subnets allow for unmatched flexibility with gas fees paid in APE, accruing value to the ApeCoin subnet and APE holders. ApeCoin Subnet can have its own customizable Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) execution environment which will allow developers to easily deploy metaverse assets, games, marketplaces and more. Within each subnet, gas token denominations and parameters are also adjustable.
- Ava Labs offers a Subnet EVM, which helps builders deploy and run a high-performance network rapidly. Ava Labs constantly upgrades the Subnet EVM to stay up to date with the latest changes and optimizations to the EVM, allowing dapp developers to focus on their core products and features.
- Staying true to the ethos of crypto, Avalanche is the most decentralized Layer 1 network with over 1,450 validators. ApeCoin DAO can choose the best validators to run the Otherside Metaverse based on historical validator track record (uptime, maintenance, geo-distribution, etc) and alignment with DAO values.
- Avalanche Subnets: SDK that allows any user or team to seamlessly create their own optimized blockchain for Dapps (Subnet documentation).
- Virtual Machine: An execution environment wherein application logic is executed.
Ava Labs support:
- Custom support documentation with walkthroughs and tutorials for new users, including video guides, Twitter Spaces Q&A, and live educational meetups.
- Dedicated support line/help desk on Avalanche Foundation and ApeCoin websites.
- User surveys from community members on how Ava Labs can improve their quality of service for the ApeCoin Subnet.
- Exclusive invitation to Avalanche Events.
- Co-Hosting meetups and events together.
- On-chain airdrop of VIP tickets to the next Avalanche Summit for select members of ApeCoin community.
Help establish the Genesis of the ApeCoin Subnet.
Custom Block Explorer for the ApeCoin Subnet.
Custom RPC nodes to connect to Metamask, Coinbase Wallet, and Core Wallet.
- Integrate the subnet into Avalanche Core wallet natively.
Assist with any changes to APE tokenomics to properly incentivize subnet validators and users.
Help to establish validator nodes or help to connect with a group of existing validators.
Offering dedicated global product, security, & developer support.
- Access to $290M Multiverse incentive program to support user incentives and development costs.
- Interactive engagements with the $100M Culture Catalyst fund, including artists such as Ava Max, Grimes, and many more.
- Co-marketing and cross-promotion of the ApeCoin Subnet within the global Avalanche community and top-tier publications.
- Twitter Spaces and other events with ApeCoin DAO, BAYC/MAYC community, and/or Yuga Labs to further educate and drive awareness.
- Token holders have access to limited edition Avalanche merch.
- Potential collab with BAYC on future Avalanche merch. Community members will be part of the process to develop custom merch.
- Assistance with hiring and talent pool for ApeCoin DAO.
- Ava Labs can help ApeCoin DAO connect with a deep developer community to collaborate on an A-Tier hiring pool that ensures the long-term success of ApeCoin DAO’s platforms.
WHY DO WE CARE?
The long-term success of ApeCoin DAO relies on the greater success of Web3. Implementing practical solutions that can be executed swiftly will allow for the accelerated adoption for all of Web3. Together, we can revolutionize the industry and encourage a new way of creation through transparency, eco-friendliness, innovation, and education.
STEPS TO IMPLEMENT
- Ava Labs to collaborate with ApeCoin DAO & Yuga Labs to scope out the subnet implementation.
- Ava Labs developers to assist with deploying the subnet.
- Ava Labs developers to assist with developing relevant ancillary tooling such as bridges, explorer, and data analytics.
- Ava Labs provides transition support for the ApeCoin community from other networks. Ongoing dedicated support lines will be provided to ApeCoin DAO members.
- Ongoing sponsorship and participation in ApeCoin community events and initiatives.
Examples of impact of Avalanche in Culture
- Avalanche Launches a 100 million culture catalyst fund with Grimes and Ava Max
- “Avalanche sponsored H.E.R. DAO’s all female Hacker House”
- “Fractionalised Banksy’s 2005 work “Love is in the Air” selling NFTs on Avalanche”
- Building NFTs on a “net-zero blockchain, heralding a new era of sustainable, net-zero digital transactions”
- “Kanye West Mural by Artist Jason Peterson Auctioned Off as an NFT”
- “Try Your Best NFTs run on the Avalanche blockchain…in part because its transactions use significantly less energy than, say, Bitcoin or Ethereum.”(NYT)
- Avalanche Foundation Makes Strategic Investment in EonXI Labs to Back Black Web 3.0 Startups and Founders
- AAA Wildlife Studios to Launch Flagship Mobile Game on Avalanche Blockchain
- AAA First-Person Shooter Game Shrapnel Unveils Plans To Build On Avalanche Blockchain
- “The crypto economy: It’s not growing fast enough. How Ava Labs is building the road to crypto ‘hypergrowth’ with Avalanche” (Mastercard)
- BofA Says Avalanche’s Scaling Capability Offers Viable Alternative to Ethereum
- “Topps Celebrates Baseball’s Rising Stars with MLB Inception NFT Collection on Avalanche.”
- “Orange Comet, Built on Avalanche, Named Exclusive NFT Partner of the NY Islanders and UBS Arena.”
- “Mexico’s Most Popular Soccer Club, Chivas, Celebrates 115th Anniversary with NFT Auction on Avalanche.”
- “Avalanche Blockchain partners with Andretti Formula E to accelerate the impact of eco-friendly technologies.”
- DeFi Kingdoms Goes Live On Avalanche Subnet
- The Great Crab Migration and Swimmer Network Subnet Launch
Important Note: Please read this important notice about Ava Labs and Avalanche.