AIP Idea: The Boring Artists Agency: Bringing Billions of Dollars’ Worth of Game Dev and Publishing Talent to Web3 - Powered by ApeCoin

@ssp1111 you beat me to it.

Jonah’s AIP is similar, but not as detailed.

Yeah that’s because it’s a professional VC deck. They’ve probably been shopping around a game project, and due to the current investment market, didn’t get any takers. Outfits like IntellaX and Fenix Games are attempting the same Web3 publishing route.

@skilllevel7

yes - it’s in the foundation mandate in AIP-1.

You have to go talk to @JonahBlake and figure it out with him. But, considering the Twitter banter and the general consensus, good luck with that. That you guys have experience in designing, developing and publishing games, is a plus because he doesn’t have that level of experience.

Below is his AIP idea. I suggest that you read through all the comments because they apply to your idea too. e.g you’re more likely to win the lottery than get $1m in funding. To say nothing about $20m.

The DAO generally doesn’t do projects that extend beyond 1yr.

@leyota

Yup, there’s that.

It’s not that simple. As I have mentioned before, over 90% of games that get released, will fail. There’s a lot of data on that. So, putting $20m into a publishing venture with a 2-3 yr spread per project is as risky as playing the lotto. Game publishing is a much higher risk than game dev. I am pretty sure these guys know this. I would much rather give $20m to charity and take the tax credit.