APE Support (Counseling?)

Anecdotally, there does appear to be a majority of members residing in the United States. Canada might be the country with the second largest member count, as I have seen quite a few people say they live there. However, a lot of the more recent members seem to be coming from other countries as well so it’s certainly possible other countries have a larger presence than Canada.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add as far as ballpark numbers as your guess would be as good as mine.

2 Likes

@br00no, I appreciate you bringing up the need for resources and support for individuals facing unique challenges in the fast-paced world of builders and creators. It’s true that many people in our community experience high levels of stress, pressure, and uncertainty, which can take a toll on their mental health. Having a dedicated counseling service or referral system that understands these specific challenges would be incredibly valuable.

Moving forward, I believe it would be beneficial to explore the possibility of implementing a dedicated mental health support system within our community. This could involve partnering with counseling firms or professionals who specialize in the challenges specific to builders and creators in the Web3 space.

Additionally, fostering a culture that prioritizes mental health and provides spaces for open conversations, bonding, and support can greatly contribute to the overall well-being of our community members.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

2 Likes

I don’t think the APE DAO should be financing health treatments of any kind.

1 Like

Technically it wouldn’t be. It’d be funding a 3rd party non-profit to do so.

Do you mind elaborating on why you feel that way?

1 Like

Progress is slow but being made.

Mostly getting quotes, and clarity on how it normally works for large corporations and whether that’s the right implementation to put in an AIP for the DAO.

5 Likes

I think they have a bot that can integrate to discord.

3 Likes

We’re still speaking with providers. Some long lags between communications, usually on their end. Not something we can rush.

It’s coming into focus however. Eventual proposal will depend on what can be done rather than what I might’ve envisioned as an ideal. We’ll see!

1 Like

I believe this initiative could be a valuable addition to the Ape Coin DAO community, demonstrating our commitment to the well being of our members beyond financial matters. Let’s work together to ensure that nobody feels alone in their journey, and that they have access to the resources they need to maintain their mental and emotional health.

1 Like

Beautifully put. Thank you. That’s exactly the idea!

1 Like

It would be great if we could raise awareness about mental health within our community. Let’s brainstorm further on this topic and explore practical ways we can help each other in times of need.

1 Like

Still chipping away. Posting to keep the thread, and dream, alive. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.