ApeCoin DAO Development Program and Ecosystem Development Lead

Appreciate the pivot. IMO it’s the right move.

I also agree with @SmartAPE in that I’d love to see a full list of required and nice-to-have qualifications for the role. Honestly I want to see this for every role the DAO hires, including the SC. We need an objective set of measurements to weed out unqualified applicants and then judge the applicants that meet minimum qualifications. I expect a level of rigor that we’d find at any major tech company, with this job post from Google being a solid example.

I also believe that we should be budgeting for advertising roles to get applicants. Posting these roles on major job boards to get highly qualified applicants from outside of our ecosystem who will add a diverse and valuable perspective to push us forward. There is immense quantitative data showing that more diverse workforces have better outcomes. I believe that this level of thoughtfulness and rigor around hiring can really help this space push forward. While we have incredible talent within, ultimately the web 3 sphere is tiny and severely limits the talent pools.

9 Likes

It is really good idea, man!

3 Likes

I am confused by certain negative feedback. If you hire a role it is right that the role has a program budget and not the just the salary.

I also like that there is a significant percentage of the total compensation package (TCP) as a bonus. I also like the 1 year lockup and having a vesting schedule.

Frankly more AIPs should be written with this structure.

Good job!

3 Likes

We appreciate the positive feedback Bull. :saluting_face:

The pay structure was indeed intended to encourage alignment.

1 Like

it’s really.
This issue you mentioned needs to be resolved first.

Yes it can, but it wouldn’t be our own, there’s this difference, but I understand your message.

Hi @Waabam,

Your topic would be moving to the AIP Draft phase in approximately 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @waabam,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Waabam please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-@Facilitators

1 Like